Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser mod

TBH we see posts like this on a regular basis, the advice is usualy the same...
There is nothing moddable in these lasers, turning the pot, if there is one, rarely does anything. The chances are that having got it apart, which is not easy without damaging the body of the laser, it will no longer work when you put it back together.

Regards rog8811

Good decision, ;) If more power is what you need, make your own red burner, there are plenty of tutorials on the forum that will guide you through the build.

Regards rog8811

One thing is possible and usefull for this kind of pointers.
Use one Lithuim 10440 with one spacer instead of 2 simple aaa batteries

I have done the same thing myself with 5mw greenies, my problem with doing it with more powerful ones is as follows, I admit this is only conjecture but it seems a reasonable idea ::)

DX make vast numbers of the same laser, as they come off the production line they are powered up.
ones that are dim get sold as 5mw
slightly brighter ones are labeled 50mw
and the best set up ones are labeled anywhere between 100 and 200mw

So in this case the OP has said his is a 100mw laser which could suggest it is an efficient one, my guess would be that over voltage may overpower the crystals.....

As I say only a guess but I would not try it with my higher power DX's.

Regards rog8811

How bad is for the life time diode, if I use Lithuim 10440 on the DX Green Lasers Pen?

It is worth to using? There is an increase in power output?

Where can I find a table detailing the parameters of the diodes most used here for users of the forum? I need references for my experiments here! ;)

Hug,
Andre Garcia

daguin

andrelcg said:
How bad is for the life time diode, if I use Lithuim 10440 on the DX Green Lasers Pen?
It is worth to using? There is an increase in power output?
Where can I find a table detailing the parameters of the diodes most used here for users of the forum? I need references for my experiments here! ;)
Hug,
Andre Garcia

You will have to do the experiment and post the table. I don't believe one exists.

I have done some cursory checking of green modules removed from pointers to build into reds and violets. These green modules are all from pens that are powered by two AAA batteries (total 3V). My simple bench power source has a 3V and a 4.5V (and other) setting. Some modules show a marked increase in output when powered at 4.5V. Some show no increase. Some show a marked DECREASE in output at 4.5V

They are all from the same kind of green module made by the same manufacturer. They are externally identical. How should I go about making a table for them? An additional challenge is that when working with the pointer instead of a removed module, sometimes the laser makers switch module types without telling anyone!

Peace,
dave

@ Rog -- You are absolutely correct.

There was a recent thread on that very subject in the last few weeks, use search, title something like "increase the power of your green laser"

Regards rog8811

Thanks Dave!

Soon I will post some data. All my experiments with red laser are documented. But I know little about the green diode!!!

Hug,
Andre

daguin

andrelcg said:
Thanks Dave!
Soon I will post some data. All my experiments with red laser are documented. But I know little about the green diode!!!
Hug,
Andre

This is NOT grammar police action. It is simply to help others understand when you post.

You are NOT working with green diodes. You are working with green DPSS modules. They are a driver, an IR pump diode, a crystal set, and a lens.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=andrelcg link=1232555082/0#9 date=1233427640]
Thanks Dave!
Hug,
Andre

This is NOT grammar police action.  It is simply to help others understand when you post.  

You are NOT working with green diodes.  You are working with green DPSS modules.  They are a driver, an IR pump diode, a crystal set, and a lens.

Peace,
dave
[/quote]

Sorry Dave. I am new to this hobby! But thanks for your help!! :)

I am starting to explore now. I will read more about it!

Hug,
Andre Garcia