Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser making question

Get your diode from DTR here on the forum. Fast shipping, 100% reliable, even sells them with the leads soldered on (that's the part most new people destroy their expensive diodes on!) for a couple bucks more.

Your list looks good but don't forget to set the current with a multimeter/ammeter and test load (several silicon diodes in series to mimick the forward voltage of the intended diode), and you'll need batteries too. Thermal paste for between the aixiz module and the heatsink is also a good idea, as well as an anti-static wrist strap and a "third hand" or "helping hand" clamp to hold the super tiny flexdrive while you solder. All these electronic parts are very sensitive to heat and require quick and precise soldering, or you'll destroy them.

Exactly what Siguthr said; get your diode from DTR here on the forums.

The diodes are great.

Or from flaminpyro also a really good and reliable seller + you get diode efficiency before actually receiving the item ;) Big plus for me

greetings,,

DTR is the best member on the forum for diodes, if you want to solder the laser diode then go to flaminpyro and buy silicon wire (the best wire)

dont want to thread jack but how do you build a test load? i have a multimater and a few LEDS from a flashlight i took apart a while ago. do i just wire the LED's up to the driver with power supply on and test voltage?

Blord

You must search the forum better. The cheapest testload you can make or buy it here,
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-selectable-test-load-up-3a-assembled-diy-kit-stock-63450.html

testload.jpg