Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser legalities new forum section?

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hi all, a bunch of people thought it would be a good idea to make a section on the forum related to laser legalities. i think this is a great idea since the issue comes up so much, but it would be best to combine the laser legalities section with the laser safety section.

please feel free to vote on this.. we could have a separate board just for laser legalities, but some people might feel it is better not to add more sections since there already are a lot on the main page. therefore it might be worth saving the space for a new board that cannot be easily combined with another one

just my thoughts, please let me know yours :cool:

regards,
--avery

mmykle

I think combining it with safety is a great idea. I know I have had some issues that I would like to talk about regarding legalities and it makes sense to put it in the safety section.

Razako

+1 for combining it with safety. The safety forum already has a lot of legality related topics in it if you take the time to look through it.

I dont think so... what would we put in general lasers then ? Well of course there's a lot of laser douchbags threads to put in there so it's a hard choice.

There should be a moderator for a legality board as there will need to be a distinction made for any country that has legal issues as well as states in the U.S. The moderator would have to keep all that information in the right place so it does not become confusing. For example the thread layout could go something like this:

General

Multimedia...

...Safety

Legal Issues
-Australia
    -Law, law, etc.
-Italy
-United Kingdom
-United States
    -United States Code 21, etc.
    -New York State
        -State Law, etc
        -Any proposed law, etc
    -Utah State
        -Illegal to point lasers at police, etc
    -Wyoming State
        -Some law
-Other Country
    -Province A
        -Some law

Buy, Sell, and Trade

Group Buys

This would  make it easy to find information about a particular region or state but it would be up to the moderator to keep it organized. Perhaps only the moderator can post on the thread. Legal information and links could be PM'd to the moderator for posting. This will keep out all comments allowing only useful information to be available quickly.

My thoughts on the matter

It's kinda difficult.

As frothyawesome said, there are various countries which have diff. regulations

for example
in Argentina

the RENAR (like your FDA, but from Arg. :)) says NO laser device is prohibited in ANY way in argentina.

so

creating a whole section about this

well idk, i think it'll be short-lived

here's another option:

why not make a GOOD extensive and informative thread with all FDA's regulations and SAFETY precautions and then sticky it? kinda like we did with the FAQs