Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Intrusion

Sarah

Hi,
We live in a high rise apartment and recently have been subjected to some weird noises then hearing voices talking between themselves about what we are doing inside our apartment which is high up and not directly overlooked. We have had a security search for RF bugs but none were found, we have no smart gadgets or cameras only wifi. We have had our mobile phones and laptop to forensics and clear of bugs. Somebody suggested that it was possibly lasers or a combination of radio frequency and laser causing this harassment. Can somebody please let us know if it is possible to see inside a building with lasers or a combination of lasers and radio frequency.

hakzaw1

Your incomplete profile does not show where you are...
that is important if you want accurate answers and advice.
Get a 'tape recorder' and tape what you are hearing.
What was the advice from the person who scanned your apartment for eavesdropping devices?

Where exactly are you hearing these? ---Are you saying the sounds are coming from everywhere?
Lasers are used to hear sound via a window BUT only heard from where the laser originates-and IIRC this is heard by a very sensitive mic- -certainly NOT in your home.---

I HOPE you are being truthful-- things like this are harmful to laserists and this forum.. we cannot take just what you post about this to be the truth.
What did the police say about all this--it would be a very serious crime... a report would have been taken and filed someplace.. ...

IF this is some kind of joke... it is in very poor taste.
IF true, it is very important. Certainly a felony.
If you are at street level-- it can be done BUT if you are on any floor above that--doubtful that it an be done.

It requires the laser to hit a window and 'bounce' back.
so it would have to be coming from someplace at the same 'level'. Are any of your neighbors experiencing this?
Hopefully some of our members who know much more about this and will post. I am no expert.
you:
'Can somebody please let us know if it is possible to see inside a building with lasers or a combination of lasers and radio frequency.'(?)
'SEE" ? no afaik-
-'hear' yes..
hak

RedCowboy

A tape recorder.........tape recorder........from the antique store ?
HELLO.......1971 called............
Freaking tape recorder :LOL:😝😜🤪:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

hakzaw1

whoa where did that come from?--Biden won.. get over it.
I would think you have better things to do with your time.
please put me on ignore. LIKE I did to you just now.. bye

RedCowboy

Everyone should ignore you, you are not so important that people should have to audition for you when they 1st sign up here just so you can sell them shit.
Everyone has to attest to being an adult at sign up, that should be enough, a welcome post ......I never made a welcome post, nobody has to make one if they don't want to.

Last edited:

Sarah

Your incomplete profile does not show where you are...
that is important if you want accurate answers and
Hi,
We live in a high rise apartment and recently have been subjected to some weird noises then hearing voices talking between themselves about what we are doing inside our apartment which is high up and not directly overlooked. We have had a security search for RF bugs but none were found, we have no smart gadgets or cameras only wifi. We have had our mobile phones and laptop to forensics and clear of bugs. Somebody suggested that it was possibly lasers or a combination of radio frequency and laser causing this harassment. Can somebody please let us know if it is possible to see inside a building with lasers or a combination of lasers and radio frequency.
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to reply. No this is not a sick joke or trying to sell
Something as another member suggested. This is actually happening and we desperately need the help and advise to catch these perpetrators who are violating our lives 24/7.
In reply to the question yes we have been to the police here in London UK, they are in the same boat as we are and do not have a department that actually deals with laser/ radio frequency crimes unlike the USA. The security expert who did the sweep suggested that there may be some sensors that had been placed in the flat above in order for them to be
able to do this. The voices are transmitted into which ever room we are using at the time. The direction of the voices in the room varies and can be directly above our heads when we are using computer as have highly confidential work to complete. The police here in London Uk are not as advanced in as in America and actually admitted that they do not have the technology or expertise in this and suggested we contact as many experts as possible in this field to try to help.
We have tried to tape the voices but as they are able to see us they stop.
This is honestly no joke and is an extremely serious crime. We have written to the Home Secretary to try to get somebody to help and have so many police reference numbers but they can't do anything.
We recognise the perpetrators voices and they live in the same tower block but on a lower floor. The perpetrators are already known to the police for other things and they did say in this voice communication thatt they were doing this in retaliation for us going to the. police.
We did not intend to cause any insult to laserists and enjoy the magnifisent displays that we have had the pleasure to visit. We are just asking from one human being to others who are much more knowledgable in this field for any help or advise you can possibly give.
bydvice.
Get a 'tape recorder' and tape what you are hearing.
What was the advice from the person who scanned your apartment for eavesdropping devices?

Where exactly are you hearing these? ---Are you saying the sounds are coming from everywhere?
Lasers are used to hear sound via a window BUT only heard from where the laser originates-and IIRC this is heard by a very sensitive mic- -certainly NOT in your home.---

I HOPE you are being truthful-- things like this are harmful to laserists and this forum.. we cannot take just what you post about this to be the truth.
What did the police say about all this--it would be a very serious crime... a report would have been taken and filed someplace.. ...

IF this is some kind of joke... it is in very poor taste.
IF true, it is very important. Certainly a felony.
If you are at street level-- it can be done BUT if you are on any floor above that--doubtful that it an be done.

It requires the laser to hit a window and 'bounce' back.
so it would have to be coming from someplace at the same 'level'. Are any of your neighbors experiencing this?
Hopefully some of our members who know much more about this and will post. I am no expert.
you:
'Can somebody please let us know if it is possible to see inside a building with lasers or a combination of lasers and radio frequency.'(?)
'SEE" ? no afaik-
-'hear' yes..
hak

RedCowboy

Hi,

" subjected to some weird noises then hearing voices talking between themselves about what we are doing inside our apartment "

You can hear them talking about you with your naked ears..........I think I have solved your mystery....LOL

Sound waves can be picked up through concrete walls and floors, your cell phone can be hacked to transmit everything it hears, police use this all the time and your phone will not alert you, even if you turn it off it can still be told to secretly transmit......your laptop cam and mic, micro drones and yes lasers can be used to detect vibrations on surfaces, it's all about waves but if some jerk is taunting you it's most likely a listening device picking up your sound waves through your walls and if you can hear them talking about you that listening device may simply be their ears........

Sarah

Hi,
Many thanks for your kind reply. Will check this out, but we are still at a complete mystery as to how they can see.
Sarah

Jim H

A tape recorder.........tape recorder........from the antique store ?
HELLO.......1971 called............
Freaking tape recorder :LOL:😝😜🤪:ROFLMAO:
BTW, I still have tape recorders, and even 8 track tapes. Guess I am dating myself, lol

Jim H

I am a plumbing contractor. Over the years, I have heard voices travel great distances through plumbing pipes and HVAC ducts.
I remember a story about someone hearing voices in their wall. Turns out the plumbing was acting as a semiconductor where it was touching some other metal, and making sounds due to a nearby radio station.

Jim H

Maybe someone could see inside if they are looking in the infrared spectrum, and your curtains are transparent at this wavelength. Think back to the Sony Handycam and super night shot problem of being able to see through people's clothes...

RedCowboy

You can see detailed images through concrete and steel walls with backscatter x-ray....there are portable backscatter x-ray units and I'm sure they are only getting smaller, with the amazing sensitivity of detectors advancing all the time only a low power x-ray beam is needed.

ArcticDude

Super Moderator
Staff member