Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser help

selena

Ok i'm new to this site and for my senior project at school i want to make a 1w or 2w laser. Can anybody post any link with all the materials i need and places that sell them for cheap. Thanks for all your guys help.

Selena,

I was looking for a link to that too! Unfortunately, I found that the forum isn't really set up that way. Instead, it is easier to search in the Tutorials, Help & Repairs - Laser Pointer Forums - Discuss Lasers & Laser Pointers section of the forum and from there it is pretty easy to learn about the lasers and how to build them and where you can get the parts from easily.

Best wishes to you and welcome to the forum,

Anyone now can build a 1 to 2 watt laser. SO WHAT.
What does your project expect to show for science other
than you can acquire parts and produce a source of
coherent photons?
HMike

joeyss

coherent photons?
HMike

This. Perhaps you should look into a 405nm. You can do some very neat things with this wavelength since it acts as a blacklight and a laser. You'd only need 50 mw or so and you'd be able to demonstrate all kinds of effects like charging glow in the dark materials or fluorescence of things.

Guys, I expect "Selena" is probably busy reading over the posts in the Tutorials section of the forum and probably isn't reading here right now.

Besides, johnpapalol has already helped her out with her project. :D

Unless....

OMG, the skeptical side of me just thought of something terrible. WHAT IF they are the same person or partners, working together to create an innocent looking post from a GIRL OMG who needs some of us laser GUYS to help her out and then johnpapalolz comes on, and offers her just the help she needs - a link to a laser store. By golly, that solves everything!

Nah, she's probably reading tutorials right now. That's my guess...

Last edited:

Joe Mo

coherent photons?
HMike

That's true, but to the average joe, especially in highschool, I think it would be fun!