Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Harp Vids!

Yeah, It's pretty inventive. Probably just a few photocells, a midi controller and a lot of careful alignment before the show. Makes me wish I still had my old Atari. I had a helluva good midi software package on that platform that would have been a cinch to drive with a photocell array.

Maybe this can be a new project for Andy, he loves building cool club stuff ! :D

Cheers, CC

Things

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I thought there were sensors mounted on the roof, but apparently not. I reckon i could build something like this if a had the money.....

Yeah, this would make a great kit project. It might actually be easier to make using photocells and some kind of frame. It was this guy's intention not to require any frame, so I can see why he went in the direction he did, but it would certainly be easier to make if it just had to register which beam had been broken to generate the notes.

I have a buddy who's a Midi & synth genius. I'll call him and ask how he would do it and let y'all know.

Cheers, CC

Curiously_Coherent said:
Yeah, this would make a great kit project. It might actually be easier to make using photocells and some kind of frame. It was this guy's intention not to require any frame, so I can see why he went in the direction he did, but it would certainly be easier to make if it just had to register which beam had been broken to generate the notes.

I have a buddy who's a Midi & synth genius. I'll call him and ask how he would do it and let y'all know.

Cheers, CC

Trouble with that then is a bird might hapen to fly through the beam in the middle of a song.

lamborgini8 said:
[quote author=Curiously_Coherent link=1203098828/0#7 date=1203462429]Yeah, this would make a great kit project. It might actually be easier to make using photocells and some kind of frame. It was this guy's intention not to require any frame, so I can see why he went in the direction he did, but it would certainly be easier to make if it just had to register which beam had been broken to generate the notes.

Cheers, CC

Trouble with that then is a bird might hapen to fly through the beam in the middle of a song.[/quote]

Or if indoors a beer bottle... LOL ;D

Cheers, CC