Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser goggles/glasses Safety DIY for 445nm

i have found by chance in my bedroom a box of tictac Orange 49g
and i having test with blue light and my laser 405nm 150mw and i can see as the beam of the light and beam of my 405 Not go out of box,so ,
i think as i can use for tested with my futur laser 445nm, in waiting to received my laser safety goggle as going arrived in One month

It's a good filter for that i know
images

Would you recommend that I use a bag of blue M&M's when testing my Blu-Ray laser as well? Or Twizzlers for any red laser I may purchase in the future? I realize that I will need to increase the amount of candy as I get lasers that are higher powered. That is a given...hope this method works out until I get my safety goggles. :san:

i say just as for 405 ~ 550 nm it's ok the beam do not going out of box for the other laser wavealengt i dont know the result

Last edited:
If you think that tictac box is even a temporary substitute for laser safety glasses you're very much wrong. Head over to the safety section of the forum, you'll find DIY safety stuff is taking a big risk.

Yes i know but i have already see as the beam Of the 405 no going after the plastic tictac Box

Ablaze

Accidental viewing of the dot shining on that box of tic-tacs there can cause eye damage. If you're looking for something that blocks the dot so that you cannot see it that box will do that.. so would a brick wall, or the "off" button.

Hiding the dot behind an obstruction like that is not a substitute for glasses. There are many simple things that could happen, like your box of tic-tacs falling over, that could make the situation dangerous for you.

If your safety mechanism is a box of tic-tacs then there is a lot of room for you to be more careful. If you choose to be less careful and cause damage you may not ever be able to get your vision back.

So i have jusT deCided to buy a lasser goggles the last week on deal extreme i wait now my parcel to arrived in france i have bought my items the 12 december or before so i wait be carfull use my 1w bleu but i have say still as the laser saffety google from wicked laser is very big shit i have see the video compare on youtube and i conclued as its (the word "comme"in frensh) if we dont use the goggle

I got some really cheap yellow goggles for 445nm. They were only 5 bucks and they completely block my 1W 445nm. So, did you get yours?

yes i go receiving my laser google. Maybe tomorow it's the postal service as is so long at the france

Would you recommend that I use a bag of blue M&M's when testing my Blu-Ray laser as well? Or Twizzlers for any red laser I may purchase in the future? I realize that I will need to increase the amount of candy as I get lasers that are higher powered. That is a given...hope this method works out until I get my safety goggles. :san:

I think he wasnt referring to the candy blocking the laser but the red plastic.

yes i know but I have now received my goggles since 3 days and i the use always when i turn-on the laser

DrSid

Have to try this. Good DIY goggles could save some impatient types here. It's all about availability of materials.

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

That is all.