Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Etched Crystals

Wow these are nice!
E8ArtPrint0026.JPG

E8Artprint0000_Crystal.png

has anyone here ever made anything alike?

http://theoryofeverything.org <- you can buy them here, but I think they are so pricey!

As the creator of these fine works of art, I would be glad to assist in the creation of them. Yes, they are pricey - but hey - real art is pricey!

Anyway, the real difficult part is getting the 3D model that is to be laser etched. Once you have that, you can make them out of plastic, copper, aluminum, or even titanium (if you have the $$$). You just send the .stl file to any Internet based 3D printing (aka. additive mfg. shop). Or you can buy yourself a "makerbot" 3D printer for a couple grand.

There are a few US based Crystal Laser Etch companies - but I think many just send orders to the major mfg. house. Pricing is fairly fixed - 2" cube at $50 delivered, 3" cube at ~$100, 4" cube (max typical size in Z dimension) is ~$150. Double for retail (or 4X for art galleries who take 50%) makes the price what it is.

Some will make a 10x6x4" for $1500+ (but that is an extreme size, and you need to know your model will look good before plunking down the dough)

See more at my website.

If you have ideas on a model - I will try to get it made for a reasonable cost!!!

Greg

Last edited: