Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser dreams thread!

...laser dreams or any dreams!

So I had a dream that a member on this thread sent me a bluray laser. apparently it averaged at about 110mW. I cant remember who the member was, or if it was just made up in my head. When I received the laser it was similar to a dorcy, but  smaller, almost like a pen style. So when I turned it on it first had the blu-ray color, but it was kind of dim, but there was a visable beam, the beam that should belong to a 110mW laser. The dot itself was about 5mW or 10mW lol. Now here is where it gets stranger. When i point the blu ray laser at a color it flources, then the dot stays that color. even when i turn it off and turn it back on. Until I point it at another object and it flources a different color will the dot change color. for a good majority of the dream i had a yellow or red dot (that was the color it changed to). I remember it also being green, and different shades of blue/purple. It was one of those dreams where I thought it was real too.
I've never owned a bluray either lol.

[highlight]edit:[/highlight] also forgot to mention, in the dream I think it was my girlfriend who asked me if it burns, I said "idk lets see" so i pointed it at the top of my hand and the skin on my hand started to melt away as if i put a blow torch up to it, it was about the size of a quarter, and getting bigger lol. it didnt hurt me either, and my girlfriend freaked out until I told her it didn't hurt, then she was fine lol. We came to the conclusion that it didn't hurt because I was already used to laser burns from the laser scar on my left hand (which I do have in real life).

[highlight]another edit:[/highlight] i think I know why the dot was so weak in my dream. one of the last videos I wanted here on LPF was this one:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1220053485

since he is recording outside the dot looks very dim, and that's how it was in my dream, but it had a visable beam.

So I had a dream that a member on this thread sent me a bluray laser.

first off: dude....you're f***ed up :p

ok, it seems to me the color change was because in dreams, stuff like numbers and words do not stay the same.
e.g.: you write HELLO on a sheet of paper, look away, look again at the paper and you may see something else but NOT "HELLO".

o my goodness, i must be dreaming as we speak, the "KAPO" in your name seems to have disappeared. how did you go about doing this??

mikeeey said:
o my goodness, i must be dreaming as we speak, the "KAPO" in your name seems to have disappeared. how did you go about doing this??

Go to your profile page. Go to 'Edit Profile' out of the 4 tabs and one of the options in there will be name.

how long has that option been avaible for?

------
this thread is not going as planned! no one has had any funny dreams involving a laser??

diachi

;D It's been available for as long as I can remember ;D

On topic: I had a dream that we were studying lasers in science class, but the teacher was my science teacher from last year, she had a 250mW herc, but it was even bigger and was greyish color. I brought in a 300mW RPL, (gets a little off topic from here.) even though you're not supposed to. For some reason, it was late at night and the "pod" (the area where the lockers and the main classes are) had no ceiling, so you can believe how awesome that was. And after that, I had a dream that I was at a campground with an RPL, but for some reason, (REALLY off topic from here) it was like a ~100ftx100ft area, and nothing else, but it seemed all right at the time. :p Oh yeah, my house was there too. :eek: It started to get windy, and I used my house as a windbreaker, because the RPL was catching the wind. (WTH) My friends were standing at the other side of the area, and they started to blow away. :eek: (I was like, WTF.) I went into my house and then it started to lean to one side... rofl, I have random dreams... [smiley=lolk.gif]

I had a dream a few days ago someone gave me a -1 rep (would be my first too) and I freaked out, I thought it was real.

the rep was from someone on the forum with a red-ish picture (something I must have seen before but I dont remember now).

The comment said something along the lines of:

"Nice job Dick, you really really had to close that thread? Learn to grow up and stop ruining people's fun! :mad:"

lol, apparently I closed a thread that many people were enjoying.

iewed

mikeeey said:
I had a dream a few days ago someone gave me a -1 rep (would be my first too) and I freaked out, I thought it was real.

the rep was from someone on the forum with a red-ish picture (something I must have seen before but I dont remember now).

"Nice job Dick, you really really had to close that thread? Learn to grow up and stop ruining people's fun!  :mad:"

Red-ish as in:

wesdaman14.jpg
?

diachi

I had a dream a couple of weeks ago about getting a 5W argon ;D It was a good dream, except the part where one of my friends jumped onto a railway line and this random white can came out of nowhere and ran her over , but then I "teleported" to school and she was there and she was fine... weird dream ... :p

-Adam

i had a dream i was just walk and randomly i went in the ditch and came out with a 2.4 watt Herc according to the box. I put some batteries in and pushed the button.just before the 2.5sec dely stop my brother woke me up. [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=angry.gif] [smiley=evil.gif]

iewed said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1220212470/0#7 date=1226129011]I had a dream a few days ago someone gave me a -1 rep (would be my first too) and I freaked out, I thought it was real.

"Nice job Dick, you really really had to close that thread? Learn to grow up and stop ruining people's fun!  :mad:"

Red-ish as in:

wesdaman14.jpg
?[/quote]
haha no i dont think so, it had more of an orangy tint to it as well.