Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser diode replacement project

mx1020

Hello, I am a new member here and joined because I am very interested in lasers. I currently have a laser system which incorporates 3 laser guns which signal is shot through various lens and out of the system. The problem I am having is after some time the laser guns become weak.

There are 3 laser guns.

a red gun, green gun and blue gun. These guns are from a company which doesn't sell the laser guns anymore and the red gun seems completely custom.

I have found out the NM of the guns:

473nm, 532nm, and 690nm.

I am currently looking at instead of replacing the whole system to simply replace the diodes. I recently did this successfully by taking apart another unit and taking out the diodes and putting it in the laser gun.

I am not sure which type of diode I need exactly, but I know what the outputs need to be.

A few questions to start...

What tools do I need to measure the NM and mW of the laser diode? I can turn on the diode outside of the gun to test. What would be the best way to test this?

Does anyone know any good places to get laser diodes? I have tried searching all corners of the internet.

I have pictures of the diode and laser and the model of the gun if someone wants to send me a P/M.

Specs of BLUE LASER 473nm

-

Wavelength:

473 nm
-

Laser power:

5/10/20/50mW
-

Longitudinal mode:

Single
-

Spatial mode:

TEM00, M2<1.1
-

Optical noise:

<0.5%rms (10Hz-100MHz)
-

Power stability:

+/- 0.5% @ constant
ambient temperature
-

Expected lifetime:

Over 10000 hours
-

Input power:

DC +5V, <30W (5/10mW), <35W (20/50mW)
-

Head size:

84.5x28x36.5mm(5/10mW)
95x28x36.5mm(20/50mW)

----------------------------------------------------

SPECS OF GREEN LASER 532NM
-

Wavelength:

532 nm
-

Output power:

50/100/150/200mW(SLM)
10/20/50mW(MLM)
-

Spatial mode:

TEM00, M2<1.1

-

Optical noise:

<0.2%rms (SLM)
<0.5%rms (MLM)
-

Output stability:

+/- 0.5% @ constant
ambient temperature
-

Expected lifetime:

Over 10000 hours
-

Input power:

DC +5V, <30W (<35W for 150/200mW model)
-

Head size:

95x28x36.5mm(SLM)
84.5x28x36.5mm(MLM)

-------------------------

So can anyone help? Thanks in advance!!! :can:

daguin

You appear to have what we would call a "scanner." Look through the "laser shows" and the "multimedia" boards to get an understanding of what you have. Also to be of much help to you, we would need a maker and model number or at a minimum good pictures of the inside of the unit.

Peace,
dave