Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Diode Drivers (info for all drivers)

i have been looking around on this forum for a while now, and i think it would be a good idea if there were a post (possibly a sticky) that explained laser diode drivers of different sorts and their requirements and specs. (i.e. fusion, lava, ddl, flex, etc..)there might be a thread already for this topic but i have yet to find it. anyone want to help... :cool:

what kind of info?

the ones i can think of off and are

lava flex drive
flexmod1
rckstr
ddl
groove
fusion

now we could add like what voltage minimum and max for each. what their sizes are.

then what is the drop or boost of each one ?

that's what i'm going for. it is just taking some time for me to gather all of this information by myself. there should be a place so that the user can compare specs, sizes, etc. for the drivers and choose the one that best fits their build (price, host, diode).

Ace82

WonHungLo said:
that's what i'm going for. it is just taking some time for me to gather all of this information by myself. there should be a place so that the user can compare specs, sizes, etc. for the drivers and choose the one that best fits their build (price, host, diode).

Unfortunately, research is a big part of the project, most or all projects too for that matter. And the availability of each thing is fluctuating. I admit that there are a few spread out threads about all the info you seek, but all in all once you find it it's easy to remember where they are. And there not hidden, it just takes a little effort to see what’s going on. Plus, these threads spawned where they are, and evolved over time and are more or less kept up to date. The DDL driver thread is over a year old and 1000 posts long! "Threads of interest" in the ‘Experiments & Modifications’ board has a good table of contents. But that’s why they’re custom builds, because you research, plan, locate, order, and assemble to your specs and to your creativity. Each member building/selling their drivers/diodes have their method of how they advertise and provide info about their deals. So to ask for a collaboration of all might be overkill. Maybe keeping the “Threads of interest” sticky up to date with links to this ever-changing info would be best.

I thought about something like this myself, but more as a 'threads of intrest' extension to include all driver info (links to other posts)

Although a new thread/post explaining driver types could be intresting. regulator, op amp, mosfet, switching, etc...
Also, maybe a best driver choice checklist for things like size, current output and voltage input?