Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Diode cooled with TEC (finished)

This is my finished setup of everything. I ran the diode about 8 minutes straight with no problems at all. Pulling about 300 mA. Notice the temperature. ;). That is inside the aixiz module by the way.

Attachments

• Untitled_506_001.jpg
    900.1 KB · Views: 1,105

Gazoo

Nice.. :) I'm jealous... :p

I can't wait until I get my new TEC's...should be any day now.

High Octane said:
Sweet! Where did you get the heat sink?

The heat sink has a copper core which is really nice. I got it at my local PC repair store for like $5.00. He has loads of stuff laying around. :)

Things

:eek: :eek: :eek: that is nice! i have one of those blue LED fans, but it doesn't work now for some reason??

Do you have a meter to test the power of that thing cause the ones pushed pretty hard isnt it ? i wanna know the power at that amperage

Yeah I am unsure of the power output as I do not have a meter. :'(. But I am running the diode at 300 mA, so going by Hemlock Mike's graph, I would say around 200 mW!! ;D. Then again this is not a GB diode. It came from an HP 16X light scribe drive. But man it does burn like hell. :). I am thinking of housing it all in a clear acrylic case. Then maybe I can send it to someone for testing.

Things

when it is in the acrylic case, add some blue leds's to it or something, make it look deadly and awesome! oh and come on laserchat :D ;D

!!! did i hear you right???
Lightscribe = DVD burner diode on the bottom and ~400mW diode on top!!! Not sure if it's red or what though... but still!

H

High_Octane

Benm

BlueFusion said:
Lightscribe = DVD burner diode on the bottom and ~400mW diode on top!!! Not sure if it's red or what though... but still!

Nah, its not.. to use lightscribe, you actually have to flip the disc manually, and it uses the existing recorder to write into the dye too - at least in any such drive i've seen.
Also, i think lightscribe uses the CD recording 780 nm diode, not the red one!

I like the whole setup though, and having the temperature meter inside the module is a very nice feature. Do you get good thermal contact using those nuts for mounting the module? I guess it would benefit from some (styrofoam?) thermal insulation on the cold part... though it would look less cool ;)