Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Clock!

Here's an awesome prototype from Russian design studio Art Lebedev

reflectius-014.jpg

reflectius-010.jpg

Click for link: Reflectius clock

Let's hope they actually make this at some point!

That's pretty neat...
I would imagine there would need to be some kind of
smoke or something in the box to see the beam from
the side...:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:

Morgan

That is cool! I think the beam comes in from the bottom like a liquid sky and is split to each seperate digit, or does it come in from the left?

Nice application and I just love the over engineered solution!

M
:)

Benm

Cool... and its one of those things that will not be built, like most of their designs.

Realistically, its probably cheaper to get a complete 20k scanner, and a computer to control that so it projects time on the wall :D

Cool... and its one of those things that will not be built, like most of their designs.

Yeah probably not... But they did eventually make that keyboard... It just took them 10 years, and it ended up costing $2500.

That is cool! I think the beam comes in from the bottom like a liquid sky and is split to each seperate digit, or does it come in from the left?

The prototype designs show multiple beams, but the final design on their site shows a single beam... You can see where they reflect the beam below the digits to go on to make the next digit.

I would imagine there would need to be some kind of smoke or something in the box to see the beam from the side...

I figure if they want to make this, they're going to need to either use a really powerful laser, or maybe put a tiny fog machine inside (which would eventually cover the inside in fog juice).. Not sure how they're going to deal with that.

Last edited:
DAMN! Too many projects competing for too little spare time again.
Flash animation & pictures of the prototype further along.
reflectius-top.jpg

I'd love to build a Blu-ray one!!!.... Hell... lets go all out, start with Blu but keep it easy to swap in RGV!
Already have an idea to get it visible w/o high mW (& w/o too much added work).

I hereby dub thee Halo's Temporal Fusion Clock! :crackup:

Last edited: