Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Laser cigar lighter possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjense2002

I am new to the forum thanks to kipkay on youtube and new to lasers but I am wanting to build a bluray pointer out of a 3 cell aaa maglight and a laser diode from an old working xbox 360 hd dvd drive. My question is will this work to light my cigars or am I wasting time and money

thats a phr diode it wont directly light your cigar but it will light a match to light your cigar with lol
btw STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING MADE BY KIPKAY. youll learn much more here anyway

Kipkay

Gee thanks Kevin. So kind of you to all encompass ANYTHING I have done. Have you seen every single one of my 90+ projects and tried them out? Maybe you should get some more information before you completely discredit me.

Grix

Gee thanks Kevin. So kind of you to all encompass ANYTHING I have done. Have you seen every single one of my 90+ projects and tried them out? Maybe you should get some more information before you completely discredit me.
You kinda brought it upon yourself. I can only imagine how many people built your laser flashlight hack only to have it die within the first few power-ups due to voltage spikes.

Flaminpyro

Welcom to the forum ;) you will need a more powerfull diode to light a stogie and some safety glasses for sure !

I am new to the forum thanks to kipkay on youtube and new to lasers but I am wanting to build a bluray pointer out of a 3 cell aaa maglight and a laser diode from an old working xbox 360 hd dvd drive. My question is will this work to light my cigars or am I wasting time and money

Trevor

If I were you, I'd go for a 6x Jayrob or IgorT build... plus a pair of safety glasses from Glenn (scopeguy20).

-Trevor

Hah I use to get in trouble from people for saying stay away from kipkays videos, when he was big and causing people to ruin their stuff he was a bit of a noob then he went ahead and learned some more and updated a lot of his information.

As for the mod it would take far 2 long your cigar, I use to be a cigar smoker and even the cheapos do not deserve such treatment. Just get a cheap butane jet lighter, you will like it a lot more than spending 20 mins using the laser.

I think you would make a better use of your time and money by buying a premade laser, most can burn just fine and you will like it a lot more.

find a good cigar lighter.
filthy habit I quit all nicotine 11 months ago, not one slip up.

photonaholic

ooh touchy......

photonaholic

go read his reps Trevor, it's amusing.

Surprised his little square is not a red one??

Asherz

kipkay you stick to making your alarm clocks and condom rockets, and we'll stick to lasers.

photonaholic

KiLLrB

Kipkay, will you admit here publicly that you may have ignored some safety issues and also admit to having misled people whether it be intentional or unintentional to make a $ ? Would you then from here on try take safety into consideration and be a little more forthcoming? Maybe if you took a genuine step toward being more honest and safety centered you could actually be a good asset to the laser community. Its not like your ideas arent imaginative or they are stupid they just lack (usually) the necessary elements to comprise a quality build. Maybe if you tried some of these things you could change some peoples views on you as a person in general...

Just a thought.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.