Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Casing Question

Hello all,
I bought a 40mw Green Laser from Wicked Lasers as my first laser and honestly it's a good laser considering it peaks a 51mw but the casing is falling apart, the button fell off, and the end cover fell off so I guess my question is can I pull all the components out of the casing and put it in a new casing around the same size and if this is possible where could I find such casing?

This is my first laser. I am willing to learn and I don't mind if it voids the warranty because I think I did that already by super-gluing the button back on in an attempt to fix it.

IMO i would send that piece of crap back to steve and ask for a refund(if you havent voided the warranty) considering that all your buying from wl anyway is a CNI laser in an overpriced(apparently shoddy) host.
^^this is based on my personal negative opinion of WL due to a neg exp i had with them, and apparently other ppl seem to be having issues with them as well, this is the second WL ive heard of this week performing below their 'standard' and falling apart.

EDIT: you want to get a nice quality WELL BUILT laser go to dragonlasers.com. way better customer service and their lasers are made by CNI(the same ppl who make wicked) and IMO the CNI host has a sleeker look to it(and doesnt fall apart the day you get it)

Last edited:
Your opinion sounds like a good one to me. However it was a gift to me so I was just hoping I could reuse the inside parts.

mfo

Hello all,
I bought a 40mw Green Laser from Wicked Lasers as my first laser and honestly it's a good laser considering it peaks a 51mw but the casing is falling apart, the button fell off, and the end cover fell off so I guess my question is can I pull all the components out of the casing and put it in a new casing around the same size and if this is possible where could I find such casing?

This is my first laser. I am willing to learn and I don't mind if it voids the warranty because I think I did that already by super-gluing the button back on in an attempt to fix it.

Wow, that's real good! I must buy one!

ahhh, okay, well you can put everything into another host, however im not the guy to be trying to explain how, tho if you take some pics of the insides i may be able to give you some advice.

All I know is that the laser is 13mm in Diameter and 144mm in Length. My main question for the moment is What company's sell empty hosts? Just questions for the moment I'm going to try and put some work into it. Maybe I can fix the case up all nice and later on when I get a new laser (obviously for a diff company) i'll take this one apart. MAYBE!

Okay Fixing it was a complete failure. Here are some pictures. Also I wanted this laser for the slimness so if I could get a case around the same size it would be perfect.
2OGC

2OGI

Scoots

maybe some one on here will have a case that they took the laser module out of
or you could buy a low Mw laser and swap it over