Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

LASER BTB 532- Handled / Portable - Why the major cost differencebetween

i just double checked and an 18650 wont fit inside a HL host the battery diameter it to large. if you wanted it to fit you would have to have it bord out.

InfinitusEquitas

Like the inner diameter is too small? Kevin told me he could provide the extension tube for the 18650. Maybe he was just confused. You can see, the ones that take the 16340's, the tail cap is very close to the key-lock. Some you can see they are a little longer by roughly 2 inches or so. Can you confirm if an 18650 fits in the HL host, diameter wise? That would be good to know for future reference.
Thanks IE :)
Exactly, the inner diameter is too small. Even if you get an extension you will not be able to use an 18mm battery. 17mm shouldn't be a problem, though I only tested with the one I had on hand.

Hey thanks you two! I'm glad i finally got around to asking before a purchase. That would have been a major bummer. I refuse to use 16340s because i already own 2 18650s. Im stubborn :)

+1 to you both for the prompt replies.
IE, i may not be able to for you, but ill get around to it once i spread the love.

Edit: Got ya ;)

Last edited:
LaserBTBs Handheld pointers have a duty cycle in seconds, portable lasers are in minutes. For alignment purposes I've actually kept my HL520 running over 20 minutes at a time with no apparent issues with the laser. It gets warm up to a certain level, then it stays there. On the other hand, I've burnt out pens one by leaving it on past 5 minutes.