Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser beaming london

Hi Folks,

I'm staying in London for a week & before coming out here I thought I'd bring along one of my <200mW greenies for some shooting around the city....

DSC04230.jpg

Hitting St Margarets church right in the eye above the main entrance
DSC04237.jpg

Hitting big ben right at 6:40
DSC04239.jpg

Hitting one of the parliament guards (j/k nobody was there, the whole city is on high terror alert so believe me.... not shooting any guards today)
DSC04240.jpg

...another parliament shot just in case they didn't see me the first time
DSC04242.jpg

Hitting the giant ferris wheel (didn't know they called it the 'London Eye'
DSC04243.jpg

Hitting the park plaza hotel right across from the Marriot where I'm staying
DSC04245.jpg

Shooting one riiight past the parliament flag after the royal supper (low light pic)

I plan on getting some more good ones to share soon (ahem Royal Palace) without getting arrested so wish me luck!

Last edited:

LMAO High alert and you're shooting a laser around. :eek: You're lucky you didnt get shot. Oh wait, no guns. Well you're lucky they didnt beat you some curry or something.

LMAO High alert and you're shooting a laser around. :eek: You're lucky you didnt get shot. Oh wait, no guns. Well you're lucky they didnt beat you some curry or something.

....didn't beat me some curry!? Haha TJ - little do they know I'd eat it all up while they were trying to kill me with it. Nah man I hear ya, I was a little worried a few times with the parliament shots but all I could think about was how some LPF members might like to see this.

Wait until I try shooting the royal palace these next few days... If I don't add more pics of it by this weekend, well then I was arrested for messing with the palace guards :eg:

DJNY

I do like the pics.

But what do you do if suddenly one of the people, especially in the 5th pic, run into the beam cause they have a quarrel/goof around without noticing the beam or how dangerous it is?

When pointing around I would make sure that there is near nothing I have to worry about.

I do like the pics.

But what do you do if suddenly one of the people, especially in the 5th pic, run into the beam cause they have a quarrel/goof around without noticing the beam or how dangerous it is?

When pointing around I would make sure that there is near nothing I have to worry about.

Every shot I'd recorded today is above the height level of where someone could walk into the beam except for the 6th pic - where I had to park my little girl napping in her stroller off to the side to get the plaza shot. That concern is always on my conscious (as careless as I may seem) when I'm using HPLs around others DJ, so rest assured you won't see me lazing anyone's forehead or blinding some poor chap who just happened to walk by :)

Last edited:
Very nice pictures (really), but very stupid. The beam could very easily be mistaken for a sniper. Stunts like this can get yourself killed (not necessarily meaning you will get shot), and/or hurt the laser-community.

Yeah I'd be happy with what you got away with. You are pushing your luck with the Royal Palace. Keep in mind that 90% of London is under video surveillance. Its not just jail I'd be worried about. They might decide to make an example of you. Plus, because England is part of the EU, they can ban you from going back to Europe.

All right all right, I'm touched you guys care about my well being, especially you TJ ya big teddy bear... So with consideration to the laser community & the fear of contributing anything negative towards HPLs, I won't go shooting the royal palace of England tonight (for now...damn you terrorism:yabbmad:)

If it were just for my own safety I wouldn't be as cautious because I live pretty dangerously, but after reading FireMyLasers comment about the harm it could bring to the community - I completely agree. Smearing my own name is one thing folks (and quite common) but smearing yours............ not my style :)

Perhaps I'll make a new goal of just getting one of those guards to move out of place or something common that most tourists try doing (without the lasers) before getting wallop'd with whatever they use to beat annoying people hehehe

Shooting at the B'ham Palace is not a good Idea, specially with the Guards on duty and that the Queen may be there, you might find a laser pointing at your head followed by a high velocity bullet !!!!! :D

Good shots of the other pics tho ;)

Shooting at the B'ham Palace is not a good Idea, specially with the Guards on duty and that the Queen may be there, you might find a laser pointing at your head followed by a high velocity bullet !!!!! :D

Good shots of the other pics tho ;)

Yeah you aren't kidding, tensions are high around the palace & that's nothing like California's prop 19..... I'm cautious about just pulling the thing out around there, they could mistaken it for a neuralizer
neuralizer.jpg

Last edited:

Razako

Very nice pictures (really), but very stupid. The beam could very easily be mistaken for a sniper. Stunts like this can get yourself killed (not necessarily meaning you will get shot), and/or hurt the laser-community.
Oh please.... A laser would be INCREDIBLY stupid for a sniper to use unless it's IR. The whole point of sniping is to not let the target know that they're gonna be shot at and additionally to not let them know where you are. A laser completely defeats both of those objectives.

Oh please.... A laser would be INCREDIBLY stupid for a sniper to use unless it's IR. The whole point of sniping is to not let the target know that they're gonna be shot at and additionally to not let them know where you are. A laser completely defeats both of those objectives.
Reddot is much better.

Yes, sure, but that's not what people will think when they decide to call the cops or act themselves! Any random person will associate visible laser with a sniper or just a gun sight from those Hollywood movies. How it works in reality has no point here.

Oh and that's Westminster Abbey not St Margarets church, that is the one next to it ;)

Razako

Yes, sure, but that's not what people will think when they decide to call the cops or act themselves! Any random person will associate visible laser with a sniper or just a gun sight from those Hollywood movies. How it works in reality has no point here.
I highly doubt that anyone would act themselves. They might call the cops though. I've used lasers in public and generally all I get is a "cool dude where did you get that" "oh noes aliens" and other funny comments.