Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Laser-based instrument

Hey folks,

Found this interesting new musical instrument. Laser synth Sort of like a synth played by breaking laser beams. Only 6 beams, but pretty programmable. Maybe it could be used to run a laser show as well if it's MIDI-based.

Available April 15! ;D

CC

i played with something like this when i was little

@ disney world, in barney's attraction show or sth, they had a small waterfall that had 8 (or more) coloured streams of water, when you cut a stream, a speaker sent out a musical note

:) :)

lasers ftw.

i thought the same drawbacks of laser tv......if i have to wear glasses for a 30mw..for a TV what should i wear? pirate's patches?

MarioMaster

it probably will be expensive cause it seems high tech to someone clueless about lasers, in reality it's about $10 worth of components

LOL! ;D

Looks like the Sharper Image posted an infomercial for this product and it's a Class 4 big-time fail ! Here's a review at Gizmodo in case the YouTube vid doesn't work for you here. There are other vids of this but the actual commercial is the most retarded.

Anyone who pays $600 for this has got to be an idiot and deserves what he gets... It's the electronic organ for the 21st century! :D