Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser ban in Australia

Through a friend of a friend I have heard that a federal ban of laser pointers is on the cards due to the large number of incidents that have occurred over the past 6 months (numerous cars, airplanes and even a news chopper had green lasers shined at them)

Does anyone have any information? Seems pretty likely to me as they are already banned a few states.

I've heard that the authorities in Aus were trying to catch guys using these lasers at planes approaching airports. They would wait a few KM in front of the landing strip and as the plane is approaching the strip in a straight line they will continuously shine these lasers at the pilot. :-[

Razako

cyclonite said:
I've heard that the authorities in Aus were trying to catch guys using these lasers at planes approaching airports. They would wait a few KM in front of the landing strip and as the plane is approaching the strip in a straight line they will continuously shine these lasers at the pilot. :-[
Wow.....Are you serious? They must not care at all about endangering hundreds of people. They are probably like those people in my area who were throwing rocks off overpasses last year.

Banning lasers/other possibly dangerous items isn't really a good solution because then the idiots will just find a more simple way to endanger people.

I've heard about this issue a long long time ago.... way before 8x DVD Burners were out in the market. They were using green lasers. I'm not sure where they got them. Probably some other stores that the owner of WickedLaser used to run (if you know the nasty story behind WL)