Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Ban in Australia - Petition

Signed even if I'm French. What I put :
Don't let idiots ban such a fun device, they destroy everything ! Besides, I think what people should do is to justify the uses of lasers to the laser companies before purchasing one.
Signer #112

Things

Yeah Bluefusion and I made up that petition a little whle ago. Its getting a fair few sigs!

Razako

sorry to spoil the fun but 114 sigs on a petition isn't likely to stop millions of terrified sheep.

Well how many responsible laser enthusiasts are there? I can't imagine more than a thousand in Australia...

caleb

Signer 118 is a hypocrite. He blames it on the children. His comment - "just becuase there are a few irresponsible members (children) of the public". Yeah, i guess you could call some 30year olds children but i'm sure he is meaning <18 years. I'm 15, one reason for using lasers is to strap to my telescope, and that is a legitiment reason for anyone to have one. There is noway i'm going to point it at an aeroplane as I respect pilots and plan on being one.
The old man who wrote that should go and see his psychiatrist !!

caleb said:
Signer 118 is a hypocrite. He blames it on the children. His comment - "just becuase there are a few irresponsible members (children) of the public". Yeah, i guess you could call some 30year olds children but i'm sure he is meaning <18 years. I'm 15, one reason for using lasers is to strap to my telescope, and that is a legitiment reason for anyone to have one. There is noway i'm going to point it at an aeroplane as I respect pilots and plan on being one.
The old man who wrote that should go and see his psychiatrist !!
how is a "child" able or even allowed to go to the airport to shine lasers at a plane? if i were a parent i wouldnt let my kids go out at night... that is a evil man.

Razako

Just signed this under aa 4ver and gave the classic pro gun argument lol. Btw don't give reasons like "lasers are cool" and "I like to burn things wit mah cool lazerz". Reasons like that don't exactly help the cause.

Things said:
Yeah Bluefusion and I made up that petition a little whle ago. Its getting a fair few sigs!

BlueFusion and you??
Excuse me but I started it of my own volition and I didn't tell you about it till it was done. You don't have anything to do with its creation.
I'm sorry but it had to be said.

And yes I did start it. I'm happy as nuts that word has gotten around to this extent!!!

Children (me) are unlikely to be irresponsible. As a matter of fact, they cannot aquire the lasers which are expensive without their parent's credit cards [as they are illegal to be sold in public, and that is why all lasers >5mW are sold on the internet, and the only payement method on the internet is paypal or credit card].
To be able to use their parents credit card, they must have a good reason to ask for it, or the parents must judge the child responsible to have such a device. Of course, there is the exeption of ones children stealing the credit card number, expiry date and the three numbers behind the back to use it. Quite easy to remember.

On the other hand, adults can aquire thes dangerous devices on the internet without having a good reason to have it. Adults are responsible for their children and for themselves. I don't blame every adults especially the adults browsing this forum.

I has a paypal. I like knives. Speak for yourself ;D

I wouldn't go stabby-stabby or cut/vandalise anything though, so you have a point, kids aren't all scumbags, but the graffiti on CityRail doesn't make itself.