Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser attack

He, that's bad.

Not so long ago someone had been pointing green lasers at landing planes here, at the Pierre-Elliot-Trudeau airport. And more then once. At the time I didn't have lasers, but I though that guy was a freakin idiot, or, like I would say in french, "un estie de cave".

:p

:spank:

another moron! its guys like that, that give laser enthusiasts a bad name. ok so kids if you feel the urge to shine a laser at a plane, dont. shine it in your eye instead.

That's the main problem with high-power portables. No way to limit easy access to aircraft by the less wise/intelligent laser owners. Sometimes it's youth and inexperience, but there are those who are old enough to know better too. Nothing worse than an injured pilot, flight attendant or passenger. The pilot is probably able to avert attention/eyes to complete duties, but it doesn't prevent them from being hurt. I think that the FAA should issue broadband laser glasses to pilots, to put on in case they are attacked, especially for takeoff and landings.

Eku

Bad idea.

Laser goggles that block violet would block everything else is violet too, same with red and green ect.

Broadband would make RGB disappear.

I wish the news article would have something that goes along the lines, The largest online laser community LPF completely comdemns these Idiotic acts

crazy idiots

This is a very stupid thing to do and I would even walk up and confiscate the laser from the dumb ass doing it. :gun: laser goggles issued to pilots would be a very good way to avert an accident in the furture. it's too bad the few spoil it for the many !

Peace Pyro...:eg:

stupid people pointing a laser like that... i hope those responsible will be caught...
teach them a lesson.

D

Deleted member 8382

"I wish the news article would have something that goes along the lines, The largest online laser community LPF completely comdemns these Idiotic acts"

hahahaa

now you guys understand why DX cant ship lasers to the US. its because they are afraid of people like that guy.

thats only about a half hour south of my house. The crazy part is that is like the 10th incident in the last month.

No one is out there with an 8W argon laser though.... so I dont think I'm a suspect :crackup::crackup:

Gus --- Go get them !!
I'm a pilot myself and will get anyone who trys crap on me. This isn 't cute fun. It must stop.

Mike

I found it even more stupid because the guys was pointing lasers at landing planes, wich is even more dangerous because you need a lot of concentration.

I think you can confirm this for us Mike...

:D

I found it even more stupid because the guys was pointing lasers at landing planes, wich is even more dangerous because you need a lot of concentration.

I think you can confirm this for us Mike...

:D

They are probably young people in the mid 20-30.