Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Acne Lol?

I heard that it was possible to remove acne with a powerful red laser. I have a couple of DIY open can lasers. How would i go about removing the acne or pimples? Does it work with a blu-ray laser also? I want to try this out on one of my friends who has acne...

I think dermatologists just wave their laser back and forth across the target.

DON'T THINK OF SHINING A LASER AT YOUR FACE !!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Not even with goggles on.

Spyderz20x6 said:
I heard that it was possible to remove acne with a powerful red laser. I have a couple of DIY open can lasers. How would i go about removing the acne or pimples? Does it work with a blu-ray laser also? I want to try this out on one of my friends who has acne...

LOL! I've heard of it but I could see it being dangerous without a medical laser. You could probably easily remove the acne by having your friend biting down on a piece of leather or something while you focus down your laser right onto the pimple. I just thought of the consuquences of doing that, not only would it really hurt your friend but could you imagine the smell of boiling pus?!?! YUCK! You could try making the dot big enough that your friend only feels a good ammount of heat and not a burn and go from there.

Like I said, the only way that it'll work for a homemade laser is to completely burn it off. Its like laser hair removal, when you get it done you feel nothing, (Not that i would know but if it hurt so bad nobody would get it done) if you use an open can its like lighting your hair on fire.

Try it out and see what happens  ;)

P.S. Put a blindfold over your friend (Not only to block out the laser but he wont be able to see it happening and it wont hurt so much  ;))

Wesdaman14 said:
DON'T THINK OF SHINING A LASER AT YOUR FACE !!!  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Not even with goggles on.
My "patient" will wear safety goggles...

The dermatologists do...

50Freestyle said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1217349851/0#0 date=1217349851]I heard that it was possible to remove acne with a powerful red laser. I have a couple of DIY open can lasers. How would i go about removing the acne or pimples? Does it work with a blu-ray laser also? I want to try this out on one of my friends who has acne...

LOL! I've heard of it but I could see it being dangerous without a medical laser. You could probably easily remove the acne by having your friend biting down on a piece of leather or something while you focus down your laser right onto the pimple. I just thought of the consuquences of doing that, not only would it really hurt your friend but could you imagine the smell of boilig pus?!?! YUCK! You could try making the dot big enough that your friend only feels a good ammount of heat and not a burn and go from there.

Like I said, the only way that it'll work for a homemade laser is to completely burn it off. Its like laser hair removal, when you get it done you feel nothing, (Not that i would know but if it hurt so bad nobody would get it done) if you use an open can its like lighting your hair on fire.

P.S. Put a blindfold over your friend (Not only to block out the laser but he wont be able to see it happening and it wont hurt so much  ;))
[/quote]
Haha, i lol'd at that!

A medical laser is around 300mW...
I thought you just wave the laser over the pimple, but apparently you have to burn it off...

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=50Freestyle link=1217349851/0#2 date=1217351485][quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1217349851/0#0 date=1217349851]I heard that it was possible to remove acne with a powerful red laser. I have a couple of DIY open can lasers. How would i go about removing the acne or pimples? Does it work with a blu-ray laser also? I want to try this out on one of my friends who has acne...

LOL! I've heard of it but I could see it being dangerous without a medical laser. You could probably easily remove the acne by having your friend biting down on a piece of leather or something while you focus down your laser right onto the pimple. I just thought of the consuquences of doing that, not only would it really hurt your friend but could you imagine the smell of boilig pus?!?! YUCK! You could try making the dot big enough that your friend only feels a good ammount of heat and not a burn and go from there.

[/quote]
Haha, i lol'd at that!

I thought you just wave the laser over the pimple, but apparently you have to burn it off...[/quote]

I don't think that dermatoligists "Burn" it off, but you would have to. Theres probably something that is outputted with the laser that makes the beam unable to hit the skins surface and turn into heat allowing the dermatoligist able to pump a focused wavelength into acne without the burn.

Wow I can't believe I thought of that ;D

50Freestyle said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1217349851/0#4 date=1217351653][quote author=50Freestyle link=1217349851/0#2 date=1217351485][quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1217349851/0#0 date=1217349851]I heard that it was possible to remove acne with a powerful red laser. I have a couple of DIY open can lasers. How would i go about removing the acne or pimples? Does it work with a blu-ray laser also? I want to try this out on one of my friends who has acne...

[/quote]
Haha, i lol'd at that!

I thought you just wave the laser over the pimple, but apparently you have to burn it off...[/quote]

I don't think that dermatoligists "Burn" it off, but you would have to. Theres probably something that is outputted with the laser that makes the beam unable to hit the skins surface and turn into heat allowing the dermatoligist able to pump a focused wavelength into acne without the burn.

Wow I can't believe I thought of that  ;D[/quote]
Um... yea.... ::)

I highly doubt that....

The smell will be terrible that's for sure... Organic living stuff just smells horrible. I've recently smoked a dead fly (probably died of age he wasn't flat on a wall) and I can tell you that it is more intoxicating than hydrogen cyanide.

Helioplasma said:
I've recently smoked a dead fly (probably died of age he wasn't flat on a wall) and I can tell you that it is more intoxicating than hydrogen cyanide.

Smoked a dead fly? Geez dude, just smoke drugs like the rest of us :-/

Actually they use it as a method of dying the pimple out, the heat from the laser drys the pimple's inside from outside. I don.t believe that it fry's it off your face, it seems more practical that it would get dried out like alot of acne medications do.

Maven

i was kinda thinking they would use UV to kill the bacteria and maybe just red for positioning

You'll have to sharpie all the pimples first.
Then tell him you need to reschedule his appointment! :D

Before you start on his face, you should practice first on a pimple
on his a$s. :-?

laserwanabe said:
Actually they use it as a method of dying the pimple out,  the heat from the laser drys the pimple's inside from outside. I don.t believe that it fry's it off your face, it seems more practical that it would get dried out like alot of acne medications do.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh! So you don't need to have it focused... you just need the heat...