Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Large collimating glass lens

Where can I find a large collimating glass lens to collect the laser light of say 10 diodes? I am wanting to build a 405nm multiple diode laser flashlight with an adjustable focus lens, but down to size much smaller focal point than a regular flashlight lens so it will collect the laser light like a magnifing glass to the sun light in principle. I plan to make the diode disc about 1inch or so to house all the diodes in a very tight circle pattern with a reflector too. Please respond if you can help.

What are you trying to accomplish?  Are you aiming for a single more powerful beam or simply a monochrome flashlight?

If it is the former, you have misunderstood the function of a collimating lens.  There is no way to accomplish what you want.  The closest that one could get would be to combine two beams using a polarizing beam splitter but that is the limit.

If it is the latter, one could simply not use any lenses at all or collimate the lasers very poorly to allow them to mingle.