Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lab Diode Lasers

Where is the best place to get a labby other than building one for your money?

Perhaps even a good variety of them.

-Thank you

There is a plethora of wavelengths at various prices and all different quality.

How about telling us what your. needs are and what kind of money you have to spend. I can point you to multiple different units costing multiple 1000$ or cheaper. It really depends on what you want.

What is your budget? What color do you want? What do you plan to use it for?

I could go on. I will wait until you answer a few questions before we start linking you to units :)

Groovy, I am not looking for any super powerful units.
Anywhere from 500mw to 2000mw would be just fine.

My budget is really dependent on 2 options.
My own pocket or my boss man.

Which is the difference between $200-500 & Higher. I don't think I will be able to squeez 1k + out of him though.

As far as wavelengths go I don't have much need to be picky about them
anywhere from 405 to 750. I would prefer not to have an IR but it the need fits I'll take it.

I have been looking at some of the diode lasers from DL and they look fairly great. I just don't know if I have the patients to deal with foreign shipping again if you know what I'm saying.

Well if your just interested in owning a good overall quality unit for a really good price I can suggest this company. meierlight

I have delt with them and my experiences were very good.

On the other hand. If you are looking for high grade superb quality lasers I suggest looking into viasho, cni (dragon lasers reseller cni units) .

Also I don't know if anyone here has bought a lab laser from here. JETLASERS, a China based photonic products manufacturer, provides a variety of portable lasers, dpss lasers, and diode lasers, including WORLD'S 1ST and ONLY Titanium laser pointers, high powered 1w 445nm 447nm laser pointers, 5mw to 700mw green lase

But people claim that jetlasers are very close to cni quality.

Laserglow also sells superb lasers https://www.laserglow.com/catalog.htm

Again, There are many choices. It mainly comes down to price, Use, personal wavelength choice.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the valuable information.
a 1up is in order for you.