Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

L2C carbon fiber w/ 365nm UV LEDENGIN LZ1

Hey guy's, I'm new here. My name's dan. I run Killer Lumens. I specialize in flashlights and handheld lighting devices for first responders and LEO and also in RGB / RGBW lights and a very special device for law enforcement and private security called "pukelight". (Check out my site Puke Light)

Anyway this is a new toy I put together for myself. It's a solarforce L2C with a super expensive LEDENGIN LZ1 365nm UV emitter I was able to mount on a xml color sinkpad allowing my to overdrive it slightly since its DTP (direct thermal path) spec'd at 1A I'm driving it at 1.4A. It has a driver of mine that I developed for weapon mount / handheld tactical lights. It's a 7135 based driver with a constant voltage SEPIC converter so it can run single Li-ion or 2xCR123's. Usually I run lights with this driver much higher but had to turn it down for this emitter. I have 2 more of these emitters so I may end up pushing it a little more, maybe up to about 1.75A but a $40 loss if I kill it isn't something I'm in any hurry to do. My next build using these LEDENGIN LZ1's wi be in a THRUNITE TN30, I'll be using 2 of the new "dental blue" 460nm emitters (for curing dental resin and teeth whitening) and the third will be another of these 365's.

Anyway just a few pic's I snapped while building. I'll get some better pic's over the weekend.

I know this isn't exactly the preferred way to do an intro but I thought this would be a little more exciting for you guys if I had something to show than if I just posted "hi I'm new here, I like lights and an new to lasers".

Here's the light with my small knife art exclusive CRK Sebenza 21. The CF is almost a perfect match.

And a few built pic's (again I'll get some better pic's in the next few days including a few beam shots making shit glow). I don't really have any practical need for this light, purely a toy.
Well actually only 2 build pic's for tonight. Sizing the XML color sinkpad down to 16mm to fit the P60 pill (I used a special pill from a SF M1 masterpiece) and moddig it to work with the LZ1

And mounted

Anyway hope you enjoy seeing my work. I'll be around more now I hope. I have my first laser host out at my machineist's getting a custom pill made. For my first build I'm using a convoy M2 host with a 445 diode and a constant current linear driver I designed (one of my favorite aspects of the hobby is the PCB layout in eagle and circuit design).

Last edited:

Welcome to LPF CK! :beer:

I saw djozz's build with this emitter on BLF and although it's quite expensive compared to most led's it produced some awesome results!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here at LPF, there are many like-minded members here who create some fantastic drivers :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here at LPF, there are many like-minded members here who create some fantastic drivers :)

I've only recently registered and started posting but I've actually been reading here for a while and I've taken note of that. Now I love BLF, it'll always be my home but there's only a dedicated handful of us that are doing any PCB design over there and even fewer of us actually coming up with new circuits (instead of just using an existing schematic but making a new board) so that's one thing I'm really happy to see here- the number of different driver project's people here have designed.

Anyway thanks for the welcome Will!

Welcome to LPF!

As will manners said, I'm sure you'll enjoy this place a lot too. :)

Well now that I've had this together a night (built it yesterday) all I can say is wow, this thing is freaking awesome! First off the visible light is more than I thought it would be, it's actually useful and then there's the glow shit gives off, so bright it actually makes its own light! I mean I've been using 450nm "Royal blue" emitters for a while now in my RGBW stuff so I had a good idea what all I can make glow but not like this. This thing is incredible.

Ended up adding a grip / "cigar" ring since the CF is so slippery.

Light is for sale ln BLF if anyone's interested.

Mainly just cause its beautiful. Same reason I got a CF sebenza instead of regular Ti. Its not solid CF, just a thin wrap over Al.

I have (no joke) over 20 solarforce P60 lego's I use as test host's for different drivers / FW's, I wanted this one to be instantly recognizable from the rest.

I'd wanted one of these L2C's since the day they were announced but needed it to be something special, not just another P60 light, I thought about doing one of my RGBW_Clickies in it but even that wasnt special enough, when I came up with this idea I knew it was perfect.

Just mentioning this, the host got here from solarforce-sales in 4 days, I've always had quick shipping from them but this was the best yet (from ANY Chineese vendor), it got here from the other side of the world before the LED got here from Mouser in texas which I ordered at the same time!