Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ktp crystals for yellow dpss laser on ebay

Don't even think about it. You are in for a world of pain and frustration if you spend your bank on that. I like how they say any university lab will have the ability to polish up these NLOs. That's not what university labs do and you will spend a bunch of money to get the proper coatings completed on a single or a few crystals.

DPSS yellow is one of the most difficult wavelengths to achieve. You don't just stick the NLO in front of a YAG or YVO laser. Careful consideration must be made in the output of the pump as well as quality, shape, and power cross section. Keep in mind that the NLO has differing refractive indices for 1064nm, 532nm, and 1342nm. The positioning of the NLO with respect to the 1064nm pump beam is critical to narrow these indices and there is no room for error.

Be careful -- these need to be polished at a bruester angle and coated.
You can't do that and it costs $$$

Mike

I'm glad I actually read the thread before I started throwing wads of hundred dollar bills at my screen for this.

I really want a yellow.