Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton Grooves coming back!

I'm thinking it might be possible but will require a little work. I know you can use a rubber grommet to hold the driver down in place and still run the wires thought the grommets hole, and a spring for battery contact and I would think that the outside ring could pick up ground well its being pushed down by the grommet. I haven't had a chance to try this as I'm still getting my new buffer setup and started a new job today and still had to work my old job!

That's what i attempted.
round driver with center spring, the driver actually centered quite nice because of the little leftover spikes where the tab use to be.

I tried 4 different way and could never get a reliable negative contact.
I think if I had an outter spring like some driver pills have, it would work good.

I tried tinning the entire outer ring, tried again with 4 mounds of solder on the outer ring, tried again with little piece of wire that go out and then bed over the side of the driver....

sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't. Need a spring with tension so that the force of the center spring and batteries does not push it away, and when it does, the outer spring will maintain contact with the groove.

Will be settling down for a little bit, maybe do 501B heat sinks.
I need to work on getting batteries, chargers, and lens in stock. I also need to source a single element lens comparable to the G1 out of china. I'm hoping I can find one for only a few dollars and kill this obscene $25 lens....

i have a GB/discount going for i2, i4 and PELA chargers from illumination supply right now. 10% off their already killer prices. not sure if the 10% also goes for batteries but should give it a check if your looking for chargers. might as well sell some killer chargers :)

Hey guys! Look at what I have...
5i11TCl.png

Sorry I wasn't more clear. I should have said what it was. I just got a photo of it running at 3.188W @ 2.45A. I'm pleased.

DTR

Started building one of mine tonight. Got a little creative for the ground lead.:eg:
p1010295x.jpg

A little 9mm action! Will have to keep that trick in mind. I need some diodes and drivers for my 3. Want to do a RGB kryton set.

I'm still waiting to see some finished builds :D
I need to order a 9mm diode so I can have a >3W 445nm....

For everyone who is going to do their build with the driver standing up on the diode posts, if you pack $1.38 Thermal Conduction Silicone Rubber Cubes (1*1*0.5cm/10-Pack) 10-pack - perfect for processors, regulator chips, and flashlight drivers at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping <These around your driver, it will help sink it to the host, and also support the driver to lessen the stress on your diode pins.

I'm sure alot of you already knew of this, but they were new to me so hopefully this helps someone out.

Funny you would mention those I just got a 10pk the other day from them! Im running low on mine that I take off Xbox 360's so I ordered more!