Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kryton Groove Fade + PHR + FlexDrive + Custom Lens $155

drlava

I have a few extra Kryton Groove barrels, so the other night I assembled this beautiful Blu-ray laser-based/forensics flashlight with new components for a lucky buyer. It is built on the Kryton Groove host with a custom fade anodization that came out wonderfully. Installed is a new PHR-803T blu ray diode straight from an unlucky HD-DVD reader. Also is a high numerical aperture 0.4 plastic lens (not the typical aixiz lens) that has high light gathering capability and generates a tight thin beam when focused. In this case, I have defocused this lens to provide a wide cone-like spot for safety purposes, for use as a forensic flashlight. The driver is a FlexDrive V4 with added reverse battery protection, current turned all the way down for safety although this diode can handle much more. Also included is a 18650 battery, Glow clicky rubber.
Asking $155 Please PM with comments/questions

Free optional extras:
Front fitted lens cap of several colors incl. black
Rubber grip inserts red/black

Tweak at your own risk

Kryton_1.jpg

Kryton_2.jpg

Kryton_3.jpg

drlava

The Kryton Groove lens threads are the standard 9x0.5mm aixiz style. I mounted the lens into a disassembled aixiz nut. So any of the other lenses of this type will work including the jayrob blu upgrade.

So why not replace the lens and sell it as a laser instead of a forensic flashlight? I would think a laser is worth more. Also what mW is it?

drlava

Still available! Don't pass up this unique and top-quality build.

dub599

if i had the money i would jump all over this. i have always wanted a kryton groove

AdamR

What kind of power output does it provide? If it's around the 200mW area or higher with a plastic lens I'd buy it (as I can make that ~250mW with a glass lens).

drlava

heheh no, I think a safe (for the diode) power might be 100mW.