Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kosuki

Kosuki

Hello,
I am Kosuki. I live in San Luis Obispo, CA. USA. I am a full time student. I have just recently found an interest for lasers. I know nothing about them an of course am buying the Arctic Laser :eg: as my first laser.
I do not plan to get information I need and drift through.
I plan to start, learn, and become a community member.
If someone could get me started in the right direction for education on lasers it would be great.
I have , No idea about lasers. I dont even know what a good wave length is and a bad one, an what not. Again I will thank you in advance for any help I may get.

Kosuki

Hi Kosuki, welcome to LPF, and hope you have a good time here.

I'm sure laserbee or other members will give you links of threads you should have a look at, but unfortunately, one of the links will be "33 reasons why not to buy from Wicked Lasers."

I personally agree, and if you already haven't bought the Arctic, most us us will tell you not to.
Instead, look into the buy/sell/trade section of the forum and there are many better lasers than the Arctic; higher quality, more powerful, cheaper, etc.

To get you started, a wavelength essentially determines the color of the output. There isn't a good or a bad wavelength, but there can be a favorite. 445nm corresponds to blue, and 532nm to green, and 635 to red, etc. A useful link is here.

Again, enjoy your stay here.

Cheers! :beer:

ped

Just to echo ryanhoh3..

Most people will steer you away from the Arctic. There are lots of sellers in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of this site that will supply you with a very high quality, and more powerful laser at a bargain price.

By your own admission you know nothing about lasers, so start reading about the safety issues, these lasers are dangerous pieces of kit and can instantly blind you..you only get one pair of eyes, look after them, get some good safety goggles and read up on laser safety and be a responsible owner.

Most of the veteran sellers on here are very responsible and offer you invaluble advice on laser safety before your purchase.
All that said, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay.

Last edited:

Kosuki

Hi Kosuki, welcome to LPF, and hope you have a good time here.

I'm sure laserbee or other members will give you links of threads you should have a look at, but unfortunately, one of the links will be "33 reasons why not to buy from Wicked Lasers."

I personally agree, and if you already haven't bought the Arctic, most us us will tell you not to.
Instead, look into the buy/sell/trade section of the forum and there are many better lasers than the Arctic; higher quality, more powerful, cheaper, etc.

To get you started, a wavelength essentially determines the color of the output. There isn't a good or a bad wavelength, but there can be a favorite. 445nm corresponds to blue, and 532nm to green, and 635 to red, etc. A useful link is here.

Again, enjoy your stay here.

Cheers! :beer:

Just to echo ryanhoh3..

Most people will steer you away from the Arctic. There are lots of sellers in the Buy/Sell/Trade section of this site that will supply you with a very high quality, and more powerful laser at a bargain price.

By your own admission you know nothing about lasers, so start reading about the safety issues, these lasers are dangerous pieces of kit and can instantly blind you..you only get one pair of eyes, look after them, get some good safety goggles and read up on laser safety and be a responsible owner.

Most of the veteran sellers on here are very responsible and offer you invaluble advice on laser safety before your purchase.
All that said, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay.

Thank you to both of you. I have not made a purchase after reading the 32 reasons :san: . I am very eager to learn but do not have the space or resources to do DIY kits, not saying I dont want to because I do, just dont have space. Still willing to learn, maybe if people could also recommend some books or websites on these micro electronics, how they work and so on, that would also be great. I will keep my eye on the trade section. I have only money to trade not products :)

Again Thank You

sinner

Enjoy your stay , Welcome to LPF :wave:
Everything including basic electronics theory and laser diy links have been embedded into several threads, You can always use "SEARCH" feature of the forum before asking anything or starting a thread.. There is a 90% chance that all of your newbie questions have been already answered and explained with details , images and links. READ MORE LEARN MORE!

I am very eager to learn but do not have the space or resources to do DIY kits, not saying I dont want to because I do, just dont have space.

You might be surprised with what you can do with a $15 DMM, a $10 soldering iron, and a steady hand. That being said you don't necessarily need much for a build. On the Buy-Sell section there are plenty of parts kits being sold that don't require large tools or much space.

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics