Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

kiyoukan?

edison

Hello boys and girls.

I ordered 20 diodes of kiyoukan but i didn,t hear from him yet. I have contacted several times by sending him a private message by LPF, Photonlexicon and email.

Could anyone tell me if he is resputable seller? I have some doubts since he is not responding to any of my mails. I payed for the order the same day but since then its quit from his side. It bin now more then a month ago and i still didn,t hear from him. Could anyone give me some info on buying from him?:eek:

Thanks.

Edison

He has been an upstanding seller, and has shown no issues. He gave me, and others extras to make us happy, and shipped on time. I dont why you are having issues. Maybe he is waiting on another projector.

Ditto from me. n/ps He sent me a galvo scanner and free extras too.

If it is a GB you have to give it time.
The projector is not ordered until all diodes are paid for and all payments clear(?# of days)- then the projector ordered( several more days to ship)- then the diodes must be harvested- then shipped out(more days to get received)-

I have a question? if you want 20 why not get 24 by getting your own projector???

just sayin'.... hope it all works out for you

len

I am back from a weekend with no or bad ie will be checking on the status of the package in the morning.

I have a question? if you want 20 why not get 24 by getting your own projector???

just sayin'....

I know. For just about the same money you get 4 more diodes. Sell the other 4 and knock off even more money on the projector. Plus shipping is reduced to days instead of weeks, and you get the 'extras' from the projector to sell to take even more money off.

I wish he would pay me for 20!!!

but the leftovers are not the 'gold mine' we hoped they would be. At SELEM I traded a whole projector(sans diodes) for 75$ in parts for my new RGBBB.

20 diodes?? must have some big plans

$75 plus ~$40 a diode X 4 = $235 of the base price of the projector.

I wish I had the $$ to buy one. New ones are on the horizon, so maybe they will run some special on these soon.

I came back after the 445 has been released. I was wondering how anyone was making money off a $700 projector!!!

damn 24 diodes.....

So exactly what else is in the projector? I can't find any thread of someone disassembling them, or a parts list.

i sold below normal price for large numbers.
so not 40 per unit not even 36 per unit. i wont say what the price was after the stuff was done but it is the best price anyone has gotten.
I can go lower than most on prices.

kiyoukan is absolutely a good seller i recieved my diode pretty fast, good price and great person to deal with he packed the diodes nice to!

@mohrenberg
in the projector are 24 diodes, a kickass red led light, some digro's, a lens assembly, a fan / peltier iirc and more "this and thats" you usualy find in electronics.
i might even be overseeing something usefull in there :thinking::p
Dave was selling some bit's and bobs from the projector, it should give you a idea of whats in there: http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-casio-projector-bits-n-bobs-52405.html

Last edited:
dang-it guys I thought we all agreed to keep all the info about the casios a big secret from Moh.

Now the cat is out of the bag.

Next thing you know he will return to use of the search. J/K Moh-- you were not the only one that this happened to, several Vets were away from the forum for a short time only to be very surprised by all the 445nm changes. Not to mention the brohaha with WL- which would have never happened were it not for the Casio projectors.

IMHO the best thing about all this was the big cost break on one of the more expensive components needed to build RGB.

The worst thing-? someone getting injured by an idiot with a 1 watt 445(or any laser)-- all we can do is double our efforts to educate the clueless, keep our lazers locked away safely and no matter how much profit can be made, sell responsibly. 1 mW red cat-toy lasers have created a mindset that pointers and handhelds are not dangerous.

While the 99 cent laser itself is not a huge danger the idea that they are toys is the real problem. We all see how effective the warning message on a pack of cigarette has been. The warning label on a laser is no more effective.

my 2 cents

hk

kiyoukan is a very good seller. buyed a diode in housing all that things and it reached here perfect. It lasted a little due to postal systems, but it is here.
kiyoukan has a life, he lasts some time to answer questions and pm's.
and selling a140 diodes at 39 bucks, he has MANY questions and pm's.
:)

edison

There was some misunderstanding because he though he send alll the boxes. Unfortunally my box was hidding under some folded cardboard boxes. Once he found out he even gave me a beautiful and was willing to help me to other stuff in the future. All in all very happy with his service.So in need of blue diodes talk to kiyoukan!!!!