Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kitten vs. Blue Laser (DL Spartan BP-20)

D

Deleted member 8382

why my girlfriend cats and dogs do not respond with any of my lasers?! they do just ignore them all! 405/532/650

Yours,
Albert

My dog loves my red one, hatted the green one, would run and hide and ignored the blu-ray

ohada

why my girlfriend cats and dogs do not respond with any of my lasers?! they do just ignore them all! 405/532/650

Yours,
Albert

Well, did you try 473? ;)

I have one cat that ignores my lasers (405/473/532/650), and 3 that try to catch them - any color (including this kitten, which is mine only temporarily).

I think all cats and dogs see lasers, some are just not interested I guess.

My cats love all colors of lasers(405,532,650). I have three cats(one is a kitten). One cat it more interested then the others but ALL of them will jump as high as they can and run as fast as they can to get them. The only thing I don't like is they never get the satisfaction of catching the lasers.
I wish I had a good video camera, I could make some funny videos.

Last edited:

k1kb0t

My cat used to love to play with the dot. Now he figured out where the dot comes from and just watches move the laser pointer around, has no desire to chase anymore. :(

Jon

That's really funny when you can get them to run around and around in circles! I have 4 cats and 3 of them (if your cat or dog is getting old that can cause them to lose interest in chasing laser dots and other things) actually camp out in the hallway at bedtime waiting for the nightly laser show. My mother wants them all out of her bedroom so she can sleep w/o them walking around on her all night and playing around. So I get out one of my low-powered lasers (the WL Core is the favored one, but they will chase any colored beam) and lead them all out of my mom's room.

It's also hysterical if your cat will reach out and try to grab the beam (you have to be careful even with low-powered lasers that the beam is just out of their reach so they don't get hit in the eyes) itself, of course you have to have a near-dark room and a greenie to do that (or fog up the room a little beforehand so that other colors will show up).

super cute and all but cats eyes are far more sensitive than ours. i dont think its recommended to use lasers of more than 5mW power to play with them. especially for developing eyes. Also, cats use their eyes differently. they are specifically designed to see movement. meaning that the exposure their eyes see from looking at the point lies directly at the center of their vision... which also isnt so great for your cat.

but then again i am not a vet...

Ways

That brings back happy memories... many many years ago i lived in a shared house with 5 other students one of whom had lots of cats.

One of the cats was an absolutely evil little bugger and would attack with claws and teeth with no provocation... well after winding him up by making him run around in circles for a few mins chasing a red dot you could then shine the laser on an unsuspecting victim and the cat would launch himself at them like a living laser guided missile :D

it might seem a bit cruel (for the victim not the cat!) but students have very thick skins ;)

My neighboor's dog (german sheperd) like the green most, but is more aggresive with the red one, and is amazed by the purple one; he doesn't run after it, but likes to look at it.