Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Kindle 3G + WiFi or Kindle WiFi?

Kindle 3G + WiFi or Kindle WiFi

• Total voters
I am having trouble deciding between the two. The price difference is $50, $189 for the 3G version and $139 for the WiFi only version. The main difference is the 3G version has free access to 3G using AT&Ts network, which is handy for book downloads anywhere you're covered by AT&T. This also helps with the experimental browser that comes with this newest gen Kindle. Both share this feature and the weight difference is but .2 ounces if memory serves. Both have the same amount of memory and the life without WiFi/3G on is about one month, with WiFi/3G on it's down to about a week. Thoughts? :san:

My neighbor has the Nook and the Kindle, he said the he likes both. The screen contrast is better on the Kindle as well as the battery life. The only thing that he doesn't like is that the Kindle has 4gb of memory and is not expandable but the Nook has 2gb and is expandable. His Kindle only has Wifi, since he has Droid for a phone he couldn't see paying for the 3g.

The one thing that deters me from the Nook is the bottom panel for book selection, it just seems like such a waste of space to me....

I was thinking about getting either one for my gf but haven't decided which one to get. One thing I like about the Nook is that the memory is expandable.

When you think about it though, 3,500 books is a LOT of books. I've read books all my life and I don't think I've hit that many...maybe I have, I'm a nerdy guy. But I mean, that was kind of a turn off for a split second.

udanis

I have an ipad 3g and I am not all that impressed with att's 3g's service. I think a wifi only version might of been a better choice for me. I guess it comes down to how good of servie att has in your area too.

Yeah that is a lot of books. I don't read that much, if I do it is usually Stephen King or some scifi that keeps me interested if it gets boring I stop reading.

I have an ipad 3g and I am not all that impressed with att's 3g's service. I think a wifi only version might of been a better choice for me. I guess it comes down to how good of servie att has in your area too.

Not too impressed with the iPad really, and the 3G is free so it wouldn't bother me if it wasn't the best.

csshih

When you think about it though, 3,500 books is a LOT of books. I've read books all my life and I don't think I've hit that many...maybe I have, I'm a nerdy guy. But I mean, that was kind of a turn off for a split second.

lol.:na: