Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just used my 1.6W 445nm for self-defense.

Lol thanks chipdouglas.

And cyp, I edited my post, it now says "couldn't" :p sorry for the error haha.

-Jakob

If you get into a self defense situation OFF your property and you win, don't hang around waiting for the cops - they do not like it when civies defend themselves, regardless of what you used. In Calif you can get into trouble if you even admit that you would INTEND to defend yourself with an improvised weapon.

Also once you file a police report, its public record and the gang associates of the perp can find where you live.

Also once you file a police report, its public record and the gang associates of the perp can find where you live.

Geez I had no clue about that! Thanks for the warning...

-Jakob

I scared the crap out a tagger crew (gangsta out marking "territory" like a dog) by putting a red 5 mw dot on one of the guys acting as a lookout.

I'm not against shooting the guy in the eye. You gotta do what you gotta do. Lasers are already illegal get rid of it when your done. There non traceable too. very useful as a weapon.

non traceable???? they are smooth hosts. and if you use it in the heat of the moment the odds are you werent thinking about hiding finger prints LoL.

michael

There not registered if the guy shot someone in the eye and blinded him while he was coming at him with a knife i would wipe the prints and throw the laser in a lake or a river what idiot would keep it. I thought that was just common sense. Even if the laser was registered they can't tell what laser the beam came out of. Like I said before though there would be no more laser to look for it would be destroyed. Hasn't anyone killed anyone here? (j/k)

In the heat of the moment I would be thinking about the best way to destroy it if there wasn't a lake around after i smash it with sledge hammer. I highly doubt the first thing a drunk guy is going to do is run to the cops by the time they get to your house the evidence is destroyed and that's even if the guy can remember who you were and where you lived.

Last edited:
If you live in a small community and play with lasers outside, people will notice. If the town bully turns up blind from laser burns one night, someone will remember that you are into lasers...

Easier to carry a tac baton or leaded gloves.

Of course in rural areas the police are also less uptight about self defense and criminal rights.

I agree. I'm 26 and only my friends know that i have it. i never really bring it out. I do have a $30 green laser on my key chain that will light a match so I could use that if i was in danger but i also carry a knife that pops out the front so the guy better hope he has some crazy skills cause i do, if he was drunk then i would just shine it at him but if he's sober I'm not running anywhere.

You know what i really hate,.....

I hate it when some flemish dude and some dutch dude from a party agency abduct your fingerprints in a real clever and stupid way,....... :tired:

Ranger_Badge_without_black_edging.gif

rightColumnTall-id-badges.jpg

fingerprints.jpg

kirlian-fingerprints.jpg

Attachments

• ScreenShot128.jpg
    ScreenShot128.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

MojoLA

ummm.... what? Where is the smiley for scratches head...

Anyway while this is an interesting theoretical discussion, I still think the odds are pretty slim of someone attacking a guy who just happens to be carrying a high power laser, and the laser owner just happens to shine it in the attacker's eyes long enough to blind him, and said attacker actually decides to GO TO THE COPS, hire a lawyer and sue the guy with the laser.

That's a whole lot of very unlikely circumstances.

Of course, here on LPF, I'm sure we'll see several threads exclaiming this in the next 6 months :p

That's a whole lot of very unlikely circumstances.

This is especially true when, in the process of summarizing the situation, you put as much emphasis as possible on it's unlikelihood. ;)

ADDED: If for whatever reason you decided to open up a can of whoopass on someone, and he whipped out a 445nm laser and quickly put your eyes out with it, wouldn't you "actually decide to GO TO THE COPS, hire a lawyer and sue the guy with the laser"??

Last edited:
Nope, I'm not that guy to run to the cops and be like hey i tried to rob this guy's house and fell out the window and broke my arm so I'm going to sue him and actually win. I'm sure you have all heard of that story, Well that's how it is in NY anyway. If i pulled out a knife then someone blinded me that's what i get. Rather be blind then shot. Depending on how drunk the guy was he may not even know what the hell happened the next day. I'll take my chances. I have My AK-47 anyway so if it was at my house i would just grab that and ask him to come inside and lets talk about it. Bang!!!