Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just the normal way?

DJNY

I´m waiting for my CNI 473nm but the tracking informations at DHL are confusing me. Why did they send the laser from Germany (country next to Austria) to the UK?? Is there a better duty inspection? :confused:

Attachments

• DHL.png
    DHL.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 91

DJNY

:bumpit:

Its status hasn´t changed yet. Is there a chance that I don´t get my laser...?

daguin

Shipping companies, like other airlines, use "hubs" to control distibution of packages. They rarely ship directly from the origination point to the destination point. Germany is probably a hub for DHL.

Packages are not handled individually. They are combined with packages with similar destinations. Once a package arrives at a transfer point, the individual packages may have to be off loaded from the bin to be re-distributed into other bins going to your country (or even another transfer point). The transfers take time and the shipping bin may sit for awhile waiting for more packages headed to your country to fill the bin. These things all save money for the shipping company.

Don't worry about it unduly. If it gets confiscated, you usually receive a note explaining what happened.

Peace,
dave

DJNY

Thank you Dave!
I hope that everything goes well. I already dreamed about this laser the last night :)