Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

just sayin' later folks

So to everyone who might care, I'm leaving LPF immediately.

I made a tiny error with the best intentions, and two people who contribute the least actual laser-related information here (niko, Tech Junkie) decided it would be a good idea to give me a bunch of crap about it.

I've done my best to contribute as much good, relevant information here as I could, but apparently that is all meaningless if you happen to send a package to the wrong place on accident (the first such occurrence for me since I've been here), apologize repeatedly, and offer to pay to correct the problem. Somehow after all that I'm still the one who's wrong. The idea of saying "oh well, EF is a good, decent member so we'll let him slide on this one small thing" apparently isn't an option.

Lately this forum has been nothing but bullshit and I have the knowledge and resources to carry on with lasers on my own (in fact, I had that knowledge before I ever came here). There are other places where I would be far more appreciated for contributing and helping others.

Best of luck to you all.

I will PM my email address to a few folks, and I will post it in the veterans section for anyone who cares.

And niko, what is it you do here anyways, exactly? You don't talk about lasers much, and you just built your first one a couple months ago after having been here for 2 years.. You've surely got TONS of laser-related knowledge to share. Maybe you should start sharing it instead of "moderating" people who have nothing but the best intentions. Maybe save that crap for the people who deserve it.

Tech Junkie.. well, there's nothing to say that everyone here doesn't already know.

EDIT: IF you want to know both sides, check the veterans section in the "junk box" thread.

Eventually, there's just too much bullshit. It's not just this occurrence, but rather a buildup of things over time. This is the the straw that broke the camels back.

It is no longer worth my time to be here. This is not an over-reaction, it is simple fact.

Last edited:

Are you entertained yet LOL?

You're making a big deal over nothing Pat. I dont get the drama, or why you are leaving. So you got pissed off, big deal. We all get mad everyday. But at least we dont run away, and blame others. On top of it, you post it here without others knowing both sides. You're acting childish, and over reacting on a situation that has been rectified.

Last edited:
Please don't leave EF! You've been a very knowledgeable, and helpful member! Maybe blocking people would help? I'm sorry to see you go...

We're losing the guy who introduced me to Sam's Laser faq! :(

W Wh Wh Wha WHAT....:wtf:

Did I miss something....:thinking:

Gotta see what all the hubbub is about....

Jerry

VW

So, what's the beef? I don't have 1000 posts... :/ Anyway, shame to see you go...

Hey EF...

Ok.. so I just read the "Posts" in question....
Big friggin deal.... so you made a mistake and apologized...
it's over... like I said Big friggin deal...

:wtf:...I thought you blew the eyes out of someone with a Laser...

OK.. stop jerking around...everybody back to what you were doing...
You too EF...;)

Jerry

I normally dont air dirty laundry but EF opened the door so..

<inhales deeply>

EF made a mistake in shipping, I got crabby about it, the situation was rectified by another user, EF kept picking at it, another user tried to reduce the drama, EF got even more mad, then posted everywhere he was leaving.

Its just drama, no one wants you to leave EF. Take a day and cool down brother. I never meant for you to leave. I'm sorry.

@T_J...
Ya gotta stop posting at the same time....:crackup::crackup:

@EF.... I don't think I ever heard T_J say he's sorry... That's
got to weigh a lot...IMO

Jerry

Last edited:

daguin

People make permanent decisions based in temporary conditions.

Then, if they make public statements, they feel compelled to defend those public stances

Stuff happens, folks.

Get used to it.

It is part of the human condition.

Peace,
dave

Trevor

If we can make poll to compel someone to leave, can we make one to compel someone to stay? :undecided:

-Trevor

If we can make poll to compel someone to leave, can we make one to compel someone to stay? :undecided:

-Trevor
You can easily force (by Admin) a member to leave....
But you just can't force a member to stay....:cryyy:

Jerry

Please dont go EF
please-490.gif
I'll be a good boy. (Well I'll try anyway)

People make permanent decisions based in temporary conditions.

Then, if they make public statements, they feel compelled to defend those public stances

Stuff happens, folks.

Get used to it.

It is part of the human condition.

Peace,
dave

I can live with whatever decision EF finally makes... He's an adult...

I think his mistake was not in the other thread but the choice in
the 1st post of this thread....IMO

Jerry