Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just ordered a 95mw from Glenn.

Moptsp

I was planning on getting a 95mw model from dragonlasers, but then Glenn told me about the group buys he hosts. I was instantly attracted to it. I found out that I would save quite a bit.

I then decided to go for the 125mw. But I found it to be quite a bit more than the 95mw, (still alot less than other distributors). So I decided to go for the 95mw again. It's what I planned on in the first place anyway.

I'm sure I am going to get a good laser outputting >= 95mw from him. :)

Does anyone here have a 95mw cni laser?
I'm exited, and can't wait to get mine as it's my first high powered laser. :)

(I wont be doing this, just trying to get a feeling of how bright it is)
Would looking at the spot on a white object be very bright and hurt your eyes?

Moptsp

Yeah I ordered that too. I'm getting both a 95mw and safety glasses. :D

Things

Would looking at the spot on a white object be very bright and hurt your eyes?

Close up, yes. 95mW lasers are not toys, you should really make sure you are wearing safety goggles any time you are using it around the house, and make sure there is no one else in the room that could get a hit from it.

Moptsp

I will. I just think it's crazy that some users on Youtube use it and even higher with glasses While lighting a match or a cig.

But I guess we could say youtube is full of idiots?

Be careful and enjoy! Glenn finds some great lasers from CNI, based on reviews here at LPF.

D

Deleted member 8382

I will. I just think it's crazy that some users on Youtube use it and even higher with glasses While lighting a match or a cig.

But I guess we could say youtube is full of idiots?
The world is full of idiots, youtube only contains a part of them lol

Howdy All yes I have a CNI pen 532nm that is a little hot it runs at 104mW I think they must have put the wrong laser label on it though as it says peak power <500mw wavelength 500-600nm rather gerneric... but it's beautiful !!! and I love it !!!

Peace All...

Moptsp

Ah. I have heard about not trusting the labels on the forums. This must happen often lol.

-Moptsp

Howdy All yes I have a CNI pen 532nm that is a little hot it runs at 104mW I think they must have put the wrong laser label on it though as it says peak power <500mw wavelength 500-600nm rather gerneric... but it's beautiful !!! and I love it !!!

Peace All...
All CNI's have that same label, and technically speaking, it is in fact correct :p

Moptsp

Yep. I think it's basically just saying it's not an IV laser but a IIIB.

i just received my x125 from cbrian4 it does a 140m avg with rechargeable and its beautiful build quality you will love it

Moptsp

I've got a question that has been wondering me for a while. Are these CNI pointers actually "black"?

I notice that when they are held into bright light they seem to be chrome with a lead like tint.
If you look on techlasers you can see it well.

I really like it if so.
-Moptsp

IT is a glossy black it could appear silver i guess with a camera flash but its about as black as black can get.

Peace All...

my x-100 has the same sticker although it peaks at 126 and averages at 121 it says <500mw