Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just got my Rayfoss 200mW laser

jbtm

Model: RF532-200mW-FLX

Just got this in the mail today, Living in the US and it has successfully shipped from Hong-Kong to Michigan in about 6-8 days, lot faster than expected.

I have no pictures of it running yet, They are sending the Battery, Charger, and keys separate...So I only have pictures of the laser! I will update this thread when I do get the battery. I'm just happy I got the laser pen without any troubles :)

Attachments

• box1.JPG
    box1.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 254
  • box2.JPG
    box2.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 323
  • laser.JPG
    laser.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 354

Grix

Nice! Be sure to make a review once you get to know it!

I was really surprised too, as I got mine in 7 days. I don't think it was necessary to get the batteries shipped separately though, as customs will just pass it through as soon as they see the sticker.

Everyone else gets white foam!! She gave me black.
sad.gif

jbtm

I just hope I get them Monday. A laser with no battery is starting to tease me everytime I see it...It says "Play with me" and I cant :(

Mik

What kind does it take? I have a gang of 18650's, incase you need one let me know. I'm in Indiana so it should probably reach you in a day.

jbtm

What kind does it take? I have a gang of 18650's, incase you need one let me know. I'm in Indiana so it should probably reach you in a day.

They are sending the battery / key / 200mW label separate. Rayfoss said expect it 2-3 days after i get my laser. Monday or tuesday (I got the laser friday but missed the package (wisdom teeth pulled had me in bed))

I'm hoping for monday.

Rayfoss site says: 18650 Li-battery It's a rechargable, and they are sending a charger with it :)

I ordered mine without the battery, but that was because I already had 5. But I did not know at the time that protected batteries wouldn't fit. Still, I'd rather have the tail of the laser unscrewed a half-inch then use an unprotected battery. And I might even be able to get a thick O-ring to seal it.

Mik, what's your favorite brand? I use the grey Ultrafires, but the grey Trustfires look equally good, and I'm afraid to try them.

It is illegal to import them, but not to have them. They cant open every package that looks like a laser, and then test everyone that they find. It's just to costly

It is illegal to import them, but not to have them. They cant open every package that looks like a laser, and then test everyone that they find. It's just to costly

Plus, if there is a sticker saying <5mW, they will never test it. And likewise if the sticker indicates >5mW, it will immediately be confiscated. The funny thing is, my sticker said "<5mW Laser; Class IIIB". Apparently the FDA isn't too educated about lasers. :D

Last edited:

Mik

I ordered mine without the battery, but that was because I already had 5. But I did not know at the time that protected batteries wouldn't fit. Still, I'd rather have the tail of the laser unscrewed a half-inch then use an unprotected battery. And I might even be able to get a thick O-ring to seal it.

Mik, what's your favorite brand? I use the grey Ultrafires, but the grey Trustfires look equally good, and I'm afraid to try them.

My favorite brand is what ever I can get for free by taking apart old laptop and power tool batteries. :)

Right now, the best cells that I have are some no-name Chinese cells. They came out of an aftermarket battery pack meant for a Sony laptop. Only 4 out of the 8 cells harvested were good, but these are the strongest ones that I have. (low IR, HIGH avg. voltage, good runtime). They are ICR too, not IMR. Next up after the no-name Chinese, I would reach for Panasonic. I've pulled quite a few Panasonic cells and usually get good performance out of them. Surprisingly, I have the most duds with used Sony & Samsung ICR's.

Unprotected cells are fine to use for the most part. You just have to not run them down too far. Typically, as soon as you see the performance of your light or laser start to degrade, you should check the voltage on your cell. I typically don't run mine down past 3v, but they say that anything standing at 2.5v+ is safe to charge, below 2.5v - don't charge it. I have so many spares, sometimes I swap them out before I even need to.

These are my on-hand 18650's that are not sitting in lights at the moment. Thanks to an IT friend, I get fed a bi-monthly supply of used batteries to harvest cells from. :)

2ihui2u.jpg

The top row of Sony's are on the chopping block right now. They work great at .5A or less, but can't hang when you want more current out of them. I guess they'd be OK for the more efficient BR lasers, or low powered greenies.

jbtm

Plus, if there is a sticker saying <5mW, they will never test it. And likewise if the sticker indicates >5mW, it will immediately be confiscated. The funny thing is, my sticker said "<5mW Laser; Class IIIB". Apparently the FDA isn't too educated about lasers. :D

Says on it...
POWER OUTPUT < 1mW
Class 2 product.

So yeah. It has a fake sticker saying it's 1mW.
They cant test it without the battery
They cant test it without the key.

This laser was imported from hong-kong, and RayFoss said they rarely ever have an occasion where someones was stolen from the FDA. If it is, they refund 50%. Mine, being label a 1mW, passed.

So for future reference, what batterys should i buy for spares...That will work in the same charger? Best to get them off ebay or what..?
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=18...p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=18650&_osacat=0&bkBtn=

I see tooons of differnt brands when searching 18650 protected.. From what I read above, are protected a bit larger?

Last edited:

Mik

Protected cells are the same thing as an unprotected cell - but the protected cell has a very thin circuit board attached on the negative pole of the cell, increasing it's over all length a little bit.

If the charger functions properly, most any 18650 ICR and IMR cells will charge fine in it. Do not buy LiFePo4 cells, as they are designed to work at a lower voltage on a different charger.

Says on it...
POWER OUTPUT < 1mW
Class 2 product.

So yeah. It has a fake sticker saying it's 1mW.
They cant test it without the battery
They cant test it without the key.

This laser was imported from hong-kong, and RayFoss said they rarely ever have an occasion where someones was stolen from the FDA. If it is, they refund 50%. Mine, being label a 1mW, passed.

So for future reference, what batterys should i buy for spares...That will work in the same charger? Best to get them off ebay or what..?
18650 protected, Electronics, Sporting Goods. Great deals on eBay!

I see tooons of differnt brands when searching 18650 protected.. From what I read above, are protected a bit larger?