Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just bought my first high powered laser!!!

Well, I have had a few 5mw red lasers over the years. I'm into astronomy and wanted a good high power laser to point out stuff (also I think it will be fun to play with). So I just ordered a Nova X105 with the case. Did I make a good choice on my first high-powered laser?

Gazoo

Welcome to the forum. You made an excellent decision...I ordered the package deal too and I absolutely love the laser. You will not be disappointed.

Things

Yeah the X105 is simply an awesome laser, and will not be less than what is it rated for! You are in for some serious fun with that laser!

Gazoo

scupking said:
Thanks for the warm welcom guys. I will let you know when I get it.

Yes please do let us know. TNT is quick!

My jaw dropped when I realized how bright the beam was. You really need to be careful with it. Have you thought about goggles?

welcome scupking! you'll definitely love the X-105. i have the equivalent rated CNI pen (ie, same laser from the same manufacturer but not sold by nova) and i love it :) and as other people have said, goggles are something you definitely need. have fun with your laser!

Well, when I got home from work yesterday there was a UPS sticker on my door saying Nova Lasers. The funny thing is I left for work 5 minutes before they came to my house. Now I have to wait till Monday night to get it seeing as UPS isn't open on the weekend. :'(

Orr3

scupking said:
Well, when I got home from work yesterday there was a UPS sticker on my door saying Nova Lasers. The funny thing is I left for work 5 minutes before they came to my house. Now I have to wait till Monday night to get it seeing as UPS isn't open on the weekend. :'(

Ohhh what a pain!

Now you'll be even more eager to get it!

Got it tonight, it is rated at, 127 peak and 117 average. All I can say is wow......this thing is bright.

Gazoo

Yup, that's what I said too when I turned it on...in fact I still do. You got really nice specs.. :)

Gazoo

styropyro said:
I don't like you anymore, yours puts out 4mW more than mine! ;D

And mine puts out 14mw's more than yours..ha..ha.