Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just bought a Core from Wicked Lasers...mistake??

Huck50

Hi: My first 'real' laser,supposed to be 5mW,so how close to that spec would it be and is it a descent laser pointer? Seems to be some negatives about that company,so maybe I should have researched a bit first....just saw some vids on YT and they looked pretty good! (Core)Thanks,Huck50

Last edited:

I bought my first green laser from wicked lasers about 6 years ago. It was the WL Core 5mW and it still works to this day. I am very happy with it still. I own 1 WL Core, 1 green 5mW with 5 diffrent head attachments from Tmart, and 1 50mW green smallest keychain laser from Laserer. out of my three green lasers, i still think my WL core is most elegant looking. Not quite sure if it is actually putting out exactly 5mW's (never tested it) but its quite bright and I am very pleased with it. since my Core was the only product i ever purchased from wicked lasers, i am very pleased. it came with a user manual and a neat hard case to store the laser in. shipping took about 3 weeks to a month to arrive from Hong Kong to Canada. on a good night and some fresh new batteries, the beam can easily be seen. It was a safe purchase 6 years ago, not so sure today being all the hate towards Wicked Lasers.

Last edited:

Huck50

Yeah...maybe all the negatives I have read are 'old',but at least the e-mail communications are first rate,as I have sent at least 4 e-mails to WL and got a response back usually the same day.
Seems that laser pointers are similar to the flashlight led modules,not the same power rating as advertised,usually waay less!
This will be basically my second non serious laser pointer,but my first from WL.
Hope it's close to the 5mW! Thanks,Huck50

Last edited:

DJNY

Wicked lasers is a good company all of the lasers are good.

That´s not true.

A lot of us had very bad experiences with Wickedlaser. There are also good experiences, they increased their customer support and service in the past months.

Pilgor

The Core is the only laser from WL, which most of the people on this forum, wouldn't have a hard time recommending. Its a good laser.

Oh another one pushing WL on us... *sigh* ._.

Though I gotta add, the core I had was pretty good till I dropped it...

Last edited: