Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just a Question

My friend of my was selling a 30W Rx Police Luxeon Flashlight powered by 3(aa) batteries

and im planning to buy a CREE Flashlight, but i was confused, the CREE flashlight has only 5 Watts yet it says it got 500 lumens...

which is brighter?? CREE or Luxeon??

im planning to buy like 500 lumens or 900 lumens above because this July we are going to go camping on a mountain here in the Philippines and that Mountain was known as the Devil's Mountain (Mt. Cristobal).

That mountain was so mysterious that the hikers there and the locals told us to bring High Powered flashlights to counter "Tumao" which is a black Bigfoot who allegedly makes mountaineers lost their tracks... though Tumao was not killing people, he is just making fun of those who dont respect the mountain..

now im asking people who are kind enough to atleast give me some info on LED Flashlights...

because HID flashlight is so expensive...

thanks!

:wave:

Never rely on lumens/lux with these flashlights, if you want bright lights get a powerful HID, if not just get the Cree Q1 from DX (really bright for what it is).

I believe Maglite has a new 3w LED model. The focus of the spot is adjustable.

Eku

A GOOD 900 lumen led flashlight would cost 150 USDish shipped anywhere, a GOOD 3000 lumen HID flashlight would cost 300 USD shipped anywhere.

Hope that helps.