Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Just a country boy in the South Puget Sound

Shadetree Engineer

Hi, I am just beginning to do lasers the right way having up to now just doing the 'Kip Kay' route with various DVD diodes I retrieved. I kept seeing this site in my research, so here I am! I might not be on too often as I get new projects all the time and finishing any is the real challenge!

Something I'm wondering about (and no, I didn't try searching here yet) has to do with safety goggles - does anyone make laser safe lenses for standard welding goggles? I wear glasses and I do a lot of oxy/acetylene welding so I get really picky about goggles. All the goggles I have 'fit right' and I'd like to just put a different lens in one of those. These take the standard single height rectangular style lens. Any info here would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

ps - 1 watt 808 and Flexmod P3 are in the mail, plus I have a co2 laser from a video disc player that I still haven't figured out how to get the power supply to turn on

anselm

Welcome!
plus I have a co2 laser from a video disc player
Seriously? Something makes me think this might be a typo, right?

Prototype

I believe he is talking about the older laser disk players, that went by that name alone. They have HeNe tubes and PSUs in them.

Welcome to LPF.

Flaminpyro

Howdy and welcome to the forum :wave:

A Co2 laser in a disc player :thinking:

Shadetree Engineer

I just dusted off the box I had that video disc laser tube in... yeah, it's not co2 it's actually labelled He-Ne. Must've been a while since I last saw it, the details kinda drifted...It's a NEC GLT 165, serial# H3 095604 'made in japan' The entire power supply was in the box, but I didn't take any notes on what the wires went to. Or I just didn't find any notes in the box, darnit!

Also, my Flexmod and diode arrived. I was surprised to find the guy included a spare diode even though the ebay auction only listed one diode. Very cool. Now the agonizing wait for some safety goggles & lens assembly