Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Join more laser beams for one high power beam

Xenom

My mad mind thought an idea... if i have a lot of 16x red laser diodes can i form a huge laser beam using beam splitters/mirrors?
It is possible?

You COULD achieve this yes. It would require painful amounts of precision though.. ugh, i'd give up in 5 mins :p

Xenom

Wow.. I thought it'd just be a bit of tricky mirroring.. Beam combiners look expensive though..

yes, and i dont' want spend a lot of bucks :)
if it can be done with optics of a dvd burner ok, else i leave the project... :\

i've tried to use beam splitter of a dvd burner as a beam combiner with 200 mW red and 100 mW BR but the BSC splits the beams into 2 beams...

bsco.jpg

How to fix this?

sorry again for bad english lol

Last edited:
Seems to me the beam splitter is doing it's job - splitting. I think the only way to combine beams is with a, are you ready for this? A beam combiner. :thinking:

Then again, I am not the smartest one here and there may be a way.....

A beam splitter is the same thing as a combiner. I'll draw someting out for you

Attachments

• asd.bmp
    700.7 KB · Views: 343
  • untitled.bmp
    700.7 KB · Views: 1,051
Last edited:

Xenom

Seems to me the beam splitter is doing it's job - splitting. I think the only way to combine beams is with a, are you ready for this? A beam combiner. :thinking:

Then again, I am not the smartest one here and there may be a way.....

A beam splitter is the same thing as a combiner. I'll draw someting out for you

:)

indeed. But my beam splitter also split the combined beam as the image i posted...

Check This page out....He combines 4 lasers with 1 pbs cube and some mirrors.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4688&highlight=combine+red+laser

thanks!

edit: damn i need to register to look at the photos attached... :(
can you relink here?

check out this blu-ray version! This guy did things a little differently, but it came out niceee!

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/l.../forum/showthread.php?t=20030&highlight=array

While this is a nice setup, the main difference between this and the red setup a couple posts back is that the red setup puts out only one beam, whereas the blu-ray setup emits several beams in parallel. Peresonally, I prefer a combining setup that emits one TEM00 (or close to it) beam.

suiraM

How about a shearing interferometer?

Have multiple beams fill in each other's fringe patterns.

Edit:

Never mind, the angle will be insanely oblique, the beams will mutually interfere, and it's probably just going to be a waste of time without having good alignment tools, which moves it out of the realm of household items and DVD player contents.

Last edited: