Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers

IWIRE

I just ordered a 532nm 700mw PL-E Pro from them. These people rock ! The laser is really nice, I'll do a review of it in the review section soon as I have time. There was a slight delay in shipping so they threw in a power supply and an extra battery tube. I wasn't even complaining or asking for anything ! Some people still want to make customers. Jetlasers is one of them. The laser is overspec and so is the customer service. Maybe I just caught them on a good day :) I'll find out I'm going to order a Ti B from them next. I honestly get the feeling it's just the way they do business. How refreshing ! Don't find that much anymore, especially in this hobby !

Sweet! Do you know what the metered output is? Over one watt? :drool:

However, we need pics, or it didn't happen :p

You should be Psyched!!!!!

:beer:
-Matt

well that is a pricey laser, they are wise to make you happier than one who spends less, but jetlasers rocks. one of the few companies I recommend. hope you were wise enough to get the beam expander, 700mW+ of 532 is really bright. they previously listed them up to 800mW, not sure why not anymore. some members here have one, makes me jealous

I agree. Out of all the laser companies I have dealt with, JL is the only one with such a great customer service.

Grey is simply an amazing guy and will do anything to make you satisfied :)

Encap

IWIRE--great choice, really nice laser! You're a lucky guy to have one!

Looking forward to your review.

You didn't get them on a good day---it is just the way they do business--the best products possible at reasonable price ,and beyond excellent customer service. They do business with honesty and with integrity and love what they make and do. Very rare these days. Gray is the best there is at what he does--always a pleasure, never a worry with his beyond excellent customer service.

You can't go wrong with Jetlasers --- you get professional level products that are a cut above most everything else and they back them 100%.

Yes they cost a little more but he entire Jetlasers experience is worth every penny.

Last edited:

IWIRE

KRNAZNBOY, with a Panasonic 18650 it hit 778.4mw. With the power adapter it hit 778.4mw.

Shakenawake, I was wanting a greener. The price point that 1w diodes are at the present time. I convinced myself this was a good option. no I wasn't wise enough to get a beam expander. I'm actually a fairly ignorant person. You would just have to meet me to fully appreciate. :) This laser is intensely bright. Beautiful beam.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

IWIRE

Thanks Encap ! I'm hoping to get Sunday off. I'll drag my real camera out and take some good pics. This laser is worthy of more than point and shoot. :)
I guess it's kind of like Mercedes and Volkswagen, they are both made in Germany...... but..... :) The focusing mechanism just blows me away. It's really sweet !

IWIRE

I agree. Out of all the laser companies I have dealt with, JL is the only one with such a great customer service.

Grey is simply an amazing guy and will do anything to make you satisfied :)

Gray is an amazing guy ! Makes the customer feel like their business is appreciated. I told him I was going to order a Ti B because I like the titanium host and turn it into something else. He said I might not want to use that host because it's not the most efficient at transferring heat if I'm building a high watt build.

How many people do you know selling something that will try and talk you out of it if they know it might not work the best for you ! That in itself speaks volumes about what they are all about. I just want it for a 405nm build, fairly low watt. I'm learning it's not always about the watts. :)

Plus I just got 2 hosts from DTR yesterday and 2 showed up from Sinner today. "Hi this is Dave, I won't be coming in today, think I caught a bug" :) I wish. Work is all I know.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
IWIRE, Gray is 100% correct in the fact that titanium is not a very good conducter of heat.
Also, the Ti-B host is small in diameter, and the heatsink size is minimal (< 16mm in dia.). That means the heatsink only has 2mm wall thickness!

Agreed, IMHO, Jetlasers/Gray are definitely a step above most other companies out there. :)

BTW - Congrats on your new PL-E Pro!

Last edited:

IWIRE

Thanks BowtieGuy for the info. I didn't think Gray was wrong. If Gray tells me a mouse can move a mountain, I'm finding a shovel :)
I didn't realize it was that small.
I might have to rethink this and just keep it as is. It's pretty cool in its own right.
I do know I have a titanium flashlight and I really like the feel of titanium.
Thanks!

at least you can still get a beam expander, i think you should. i've never actually had one, but they look so cool to have, especially on a laser as bright as yours

check this out. Gismo is one of those who should watch his back around me lest I snatch his 800mW PL-E pro

http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/jetlasers-pl-e-pro-beam-expander-gallery-update-85916.html

you are correct, it takes a certain breed of honesty to turn someone in a direction that is better for them, but earns you less. this is what integrity looks like

Last edited:

IWIRE

at least you can still get a beam expander, i think you should. i've never actually had one, but they look so cool to have, especially on a laser as bright as yours

check this out. Gismo is one of those who should watch his back around me lest I snatch his 800mW PL-E pro

http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/jetlasers-pl-e-pro-beam-expander-gallery-update-85916.html

you are correct, it takes a certain breed of honesty to turn someone in a direction that is better for them, but earns you less. this is what integrity looks like

Thanks for the link. That is pretty cool. I might have to invest in one of those in a couple weeks. I just paid off my Pro so I could order the Ti B :) This hobby could get outta hand if a fella doesn't watch it ! Pay one off, order another one. LOL ! It's times like this I'm glad I'm single. Girlfriend knows not to say jack about it. She is quiet as a little mouse right now. LOL !

Last edited:

Encap

Did you get or do you have laser goggles to go with your very bright & powerful 532nm PL-E Pro? I thought I would mention since nobody else did.

Shakenawake's gismo link is great really shows off the beam expander----with the high output of your PL-E Pro is showing, you can expect similar spectacular results.

TiB is great as is. The Ti host is outstanding high quality-- it is mechancial artwork in Titanium. The small size makes it very useful as a take along anywhere and everywhere laser, as long as you do not need continuous on time greater than 60 to 90 secounds--easy to take anywhere.

IWIRE

Good looking out Encap ! :) Yes I have glasses for blue, green and red wavelengths. I don't even have a red laser yet. We'll I have a red pointer you can use as a key chain. I do need to get a pair for the IR wavelengths. Didn't really think I would be messing with IR. Something tells me before this rodeo is over I'll have an IR too.
You know the comments about the Ti B is going to make the wait seem longer. :) I'm pretty sure I'll leave it as it is. Hopefully it will get here pretty quick. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for the expander for the Pro. My laser budget is rapidly depleting and I'm in the middle of another 445nm build and getting my lathe setup.
Thanks for the reminder about eye protection.

IWIRE

IWIRE--great choice, really nice laser! You're a lucky guy to have one!

Looking forward to your review.

You didn't get them on a good day---it is just the way they do business--the best products possible at reasonable price ,and beyond excellent customer service. They do business with honesty and with integrity and love what they make and do. Very rare these days. Gray is the best there is at what he does--always a pleasure, never a worry with his beyond excellent customer service.

You can't go wrong with Jetlasers --- you get professional level products that are a cut above most everything else and they back them 100%.

Yes they cost a little more but he entire Jetlasers experience is worth every penny.

Your right Encap, it's just how they are. I ordered a TiB from them after the Pro. From the time they shipped it till it was at my door was about 3 days. Simply amazing. I didn't even talk to them until they told me it shipped. Maybe that's why they threw in a free charger this time. Because I left them alone. LMAO !

I added some pic's over in the review section. Today was my first day off. Rainy outside, good day to play :)

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey guys, wasn't sure where to put this, but what better place that the thread called Jetlasers, with most of the posts relating to J/L's PL-E Pro 532.

This is a tale of my 1st J/L. I'm a multiple J/L owner, been buying them since Hak introduced (addicted:whistle:) me to them almost two years ago.

This all started when I powered up some of my lasers that hadn't been used in a while. I inserted a K.K. 26650 battery in my PL-E 532 500mW.
Powered it up and OH-OH, A very dim dot on the wall, with a large "halo" around it.
I LPM'ed it; a whopping 11mW output! :mad:

I went through all the simple fixes, re-charged batteries, new batteries, and even by-passing the tailcap, even though this isn't the "PRO" model, just the PL-E. No luck!
I PMed Hak, who suggested that I contact Gray.

This is where it starts to get good!

Before I could contact Gray, he PMed me, saying that he had heard that my J/L was not performing properly (when is the last time a company rep. called you first!).
Gray suggested that I return it to him at J/L to diagnose the problem.

Gray then:
  1. Gave me his complete, correct address.
  2. Told me how to send it (priority mail express) no, it wasn't cheap, but it had tracking & insurance.
  3. How much to insure it for.
  4. What to call the contents on the customs form.
  5. He even gave me a telephone number to call.

Gray made the whole process as simple as possible. He even apologized for my inconvenience!
***Does everyone out there that is having, or has had trouble with returns at other companies hear that.***

Needless to say J/L received the laser, found a bad module, and replaced it. Not only did he fix the problem, but upgraded my power button to the new metal style (was plastic), also added a diffraction grating, and some lens cloths in the package.

What I find most amazing is that Gray PMed me on Saturday to get my address, and on Sunday night (5/4/14) to get my Phone number for the UPS people, and yesterday (5/6/14) when I got home at 4:00pm, my laser was back home waiting for me!

IMHO, When buying a Chinese laser, it doesn't get any better than Gray & Jetlasers! :beer::beer::beer:

P.S. - The original unit LPM'ed with an average in the upper 500's, and peaked at 647mW. This replacement does on average 669mW, and so far has peaked at 754mW.

Last edited: