Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlaser's PL-C 200mw

cd520

Here is my review of the PL-C 200mw IR filtered from Jetlasers. I was originally in the group buy for Jetlasers however my patience got the better of me. I ordered this directly through Gray. I will say Gray answered any and all questions about the laser in a very timely manner. Shipping was blazing FAST from China. It took 6 days to get here including the weekend. I ordered on wednesday and recieved on monday. I am still saving for an LPM at this time but at the very least I can say the laser is no slouch. Burns right through electrical tape like a razor knife. The host feels very solid in hand. There are no rattles to be heard via shaking the host. My only negative thing to say is the aperture shutter opens/closes to easily. I find myself having to make sure its open all the way after adjusting the focus. I am very happy with my purchase and have no regrets at all.

1606dd1.jpg

2s69ena.jpg

2rxeipl.jpg

Dot at 10 feet
3162fkj.jpg

2s17qf7.jpg

And one with 445nm for good measure....
691hr4.jpg

udanis

Lookd good! I can't wait to get mine. I have the same one ordered on the gb!

-Udanis

Thanks a lot and the pictures are great. I don't have the patience to wait for days either. But the patience will get the new hosts.:D

Yes, the aperture stop is too close to the focusable ring, so you need to screw right on the second ring of the laser head to adjust the focus. And the route from on to off is too short.

I had the same issue but now i gradually figure out the easiest way to get over its intervention in focusable mechanism is to either screw the lower half of the second ring when adjusting the focus. Don't look into the opening anyway. A little sound of snap tells if the aperture shutter is on/off tight.

No problem and test it after you get a lpm or have your buddies around do it for you. Good luck!

Last edited:
I have one on order too.. made order and payment a week or two before the GB quite the wait so far but I imagine I would prefer the new hosts! I really hope it is by the end of the month!

Hey Udanis and Cosmicflux,
Thanks a lot for your patience and now the NEW hosts are just arrived:)( though delayed already) and we are speeding up on the assembling work and would have them shipped out asap. Thanks again!

BTW, we also owe cd520 a PL-C laser of newer version.
Thanks a lot for all your help!!:beer:

Last edited:
allright!! im excited i will be looking for the delivery shortly~ :)

thanks

cosmicflux (oliver)

Blord

Skylaser name has been changed to Jetlaser. These are all the same units.

Thanks --- A new start for S-ky !!! I wish them luck.
I hope they have made improvements over the P532F-150-Fa I have. It is a "winter" laser and likes to be cool otherwise ---- 20 to 50 mW :-( The science has come a long way in the last year but I still want to trade mine for a "summer" laser !!!

HMike

Last edited:
Skylaser name has been changed to Jetlaser. These are all the same units.

Wrong. The two companies remain different.

The reason why they look the same is because the same company manufactures the hosts.

They all come from SCITower. Hence why they look the same.

Thanks, Hemlock_Mike and Blord!
I think it will take us much less time to distinguish Jetlasers from Skylasers when this upgraded PL-C is reviewed soon.:)

The hosts are more different if we compare each part carefully. I would also upload some pics soon in my album.
Jetlasers has been bonded with Scitower for years mainly in the mechanical engineering part. Scitower is more concentrated on DPSS labby lasers and tend to be more interested in trying on Titanium portable lasers with Jetlasers this year. Scitower has a lot more reps since they sell a lot of lasers to univeristies and labs.

Actually the skylasers' relation to Scitower was talked exhaustively before and the fact is that Skylasers resold Scitower two years ago and then they ended the relation with Scitower and opened their own laser shop.

It's good anyway. But they didnot start from the scratch. They took the upsetting but trendy road: DUPLICATE the PRODUCT of THEIR PREVIOUS SUPPLIERS. People here in Shenzhen are very good at this. It's the city of duplication. All world famous brands can be found there.:angel:.

It's apparent that the skylasers soon changed the pictures of their portables and even labbies. Coz they found the new supplier. Now they said they provided under speced portables to the Rayfoss:)cryyy:) and keep the up-to-specs ones for their own customers. This is really not good. But the look are all alike. Also hope people can make comparisons to clarify. I guess Rayfoss is too busy with the variety of lasers or other electronics on sales. Why accept the underspeced ones since Rayfoss gets a lot of Rep+ and have every chance & right to resell Overspeced lasers and still make much profit.

Certainly the best Jetlasers could do is to provide a Jetlasers here for a senior and well-respected member(who happen to have a current version of skylaser and rayfoss) to make detailed comparison. But let's ship all GB1 units first that we owe and get one later. It's okay to take them apart if necessary. This at least would help new members in lpf to distinguish them.

Thanks a lot, guys!!:beer:

Last edited:
Thank you for the interesting bit of history. This is something few of us ever knew.
I was one of the first to test the original S-KY P532L-200 portables. Using the advice of DrLava and me, they made some improvements especially in electrical connections.

Thanks again -- HMike

Thanks, Hemlock_Mike and Blord!
I think it will take us much less time to distinguish Jetlasers from Skylasers when this upgraded PL-C is reviewed soon.:)

The hosts are more different if we compare each part carefully. I would also upload some pics soon in my album.
Jetlasers has been bonded with Scitower for years mainly in the mechanical engineering part. Scitower is more concentrated on DPSS labby lasers and tend to be more interested in trying on Titanium portable lasers with Jetlasers this year. Scitower has a lot more reps since they sell a lot of lasers to univeristies and labs.

Actually the skylasers' relation to Scitower was talked exhaustively before and the fact is that Skylasers resold Scitower two years ago and then they ended the relation with Scitower and opened their own laser shop.

It's good anyway. But they didnot start from the scratch. They took the upsetting but trendy road: DUPLICATE the PRODUCT of THEIR PREVIOUS SUPPLIERS. People here in Shenzhen are very good at this. It's the city of duplication. All world famous brands can be found there.:angel:.

It's apparent that the skylasers soon changed the pictures of their portables and even labbies. Coz they found the new supplier. Now they said they provided under speced portables to the Rayfoss:)cryyy:) and keep the up-to-specs ones for their own customers. This is really not good. But the look are all alike. Also hope people can make comparisons to clarify. I guess Rayfoss is too busy with the variety of lasers or other electronics on sales. Why accept the underspeced ones since Rayfoss gets a lot of Rep+ and have every chance & right to resell Overspeced lasers and still make much profit.

Certainly the best Jetlasers could do is to provide a Jetlasers here for a senior and well-respected member(who happen to have a current version of skylaser and rayfoss) to make detailed comparison. But let's ship all GB1 units first that we owe and get one later. It's okay to take them apart if necessary. This at least would help new members in lpf to distinguish them.

Thanks a lot, guys!!:beer:

Mmm, so the SKY lasers aren't even made by SCITower?

Lying bastards. They said SCITower was still their supplier.

No wonder there was something up with the Rayfoss hosts, and why they looked different from what you guys offer.

Mmm, so the SKY lasers aren't even made by SCITower?

Lying bastards. They said SCITower was still their supplier.

No wonder there was something up with the Rayfoss hosts, and why they looked different from what you guys offer.

Thanks Goninan. Yes, they have nothing to do with Scitower since 2009. Then sky machines the similar hosts to live by but use the modules of lvyi or other vendors.

The pen-sized laser pointer at sky were also custom made by Scitower. Glued crystals and in high quality. The Original Scitower laser pen page is here: ????? - ??? ?? . But god knows what changes have been made ever since.

Anyway, cd520 will have the upgraded version of PL-C soon coz jetlasers asked it back for another US customer who needed test the modules set badly.

Thank you for the interesting bit of history. This is something few of us ever knew.
I was one of the first to test the original S-KY P532L-200 portables. Using the advice of DrLava and me, they made some improvements especially in electrical connections.

Thanks again -- HMike
HMike, I believe you've been essentially helpful to a lot of companies. Great. Yes, these models need to be improved once and again to be better. :beer:
DrLava is also very helpful though he might be too busy to check the multiple visitor messages and PMs I sent to get more info on the correction optics. Not any response since then.:eek: I guess my poor English wording might be offensive or not polite enough. Anyway, I'm bound to get my ass kicked by the manager since I promised him to purchase some correction optics for testing our 445nm diodes got from Hak(thanks:) )and it's been almost two weeks. Hope DrLava can check this post and get back to me with some tips.:thanks:

Last edited: