Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlasers 600mW 532nm PL-E Pro

be careful putting the beam expanded on, the threads are super delicate.

I do. I screwed it in slightly crooked the first time, but the second time I got it. I noticed with the beam expander on that the beam and dot kind of expand and contract for a few seconds when turning it on. It's weird.

Last edited:

be careful putting the beam expanded on, the threads are super delicate.

Careful threading is a must with nearly all lasers and BEs too. and I nned to keep reminding all that the tri-pod jhole on JLs is kinda shallow and extra care needs to be taken when moving the two around. IIRC you onky get a little more than one full turn and thats it. Not sure what you mean by 'splash' it that coming from where the BE attaches to the adaptor?? as no light can get around the threads.AFAIK IF I were you would go the extra $$ and get the 2W ProPl-E it has an underdriven 9mm diode for a longer lifespan
BTW
it good to hear you are sticking to a sensible duty/rest cycle- just another good reason to own more than one laser!!

JL has the sharpest attack crown in the industry with the Titanium Ti-B.... my buyers were split on this- half thought the edges of the crown were TOO sharp and the other half really liked how sharp they are. I have only two left to sell and IIRC the numbers left in china are getting down to the last ones. AFAIk the Ti-B series was never a money maker for JL the host cost too much to have made and when these came out at $220 very few wanted them-

Whats coming next?? it could be a revised EQ with BE adaptor and fixed focus ( that may appeal to those with OCD and there will be no focusing done- btw we all use our eyes looking for the sweet spot)- I have often thought the peeps with OCD should perhaps consider something other than lasers- I have had some hard to please buyers with OCD and they dont generally find themselves happy with most buys- They seem to get quite unhappy when another gets the same laser that make more mW--that's just the way it is- certainly NOT personal-- :-]

Raiden Gekkou;1251670 I just wanted a second PL-E Pro so that I have another one to switch to when I do my night walks. I switch between my 532 PL-E Pro and my Arctic said:
The first JL Beam expanders had a big ring around the spot if the adaptor was not very tightly fitted to the front of the crown -- the best was the Pro Pl-D (a line now no longer being made ;-( )-- it , like the coming EQ, had a removable crown and the adaptor was threaded on at both places so no ring or splash of any kind- but on the Ti-s the PL-Cs and the PL-Es there was always some leaks and ringing. My new 10X BE is coming soon so i will review it on my 2W 445 PL-E Pro..hk

I was using both of them tonight, and I noticed that the one that's slightly stronger is also slightly brighter. I know that a 40mW difference between 100mW+ lasers shouldn't be that noticeable.

I was using both of them tonight, and I noticed that the one that's slightly stronger is also slightly brighter. I know that a 40mW difference between 100mW+ lasers shouldn't be that noticeable.

Checked the batteries aswell?

Maybe one of them is slightly less charged? :thinking:

I have an intellicharger that I always leave my batteries in until I need them. They were both fully charged.

Hum.... only other thing I could think of is the temperature...maybe one didn't warm up enough :thinking::thinking: It can't be the laser itself(very unlikely).

Tmack

Dpss lasers seem to have personalities. One may be brighter at a given time, one might need more heat up time, or drop off sooner, etc

Dpss lasers seem to have personalities. One may be brighter at a given time, one might need more heat up time, or drop off sooner, etc

I guess it's normal then. I haven't had much use with multiple greens before now.

Tmack

The stability of the dpss are so jumpy. When both haven't been used for a while, out them dead next to each other and turn them on at the same time. Notice when each takes it warmup time, which starts to fall at what amount of time. While these crud tests will give you some idea how each laser acts, I'm sure if you repeated the test, you would get different results. Just a little test to show how unpredictable they can be

Just remembered how I said I would be sticking with JL and im now buying LaserGlow units....wow, I change alot ;)

Tmack

First it was some company I can't remember, then jet 500mW ple pro, then equality, now laser glow. Lol just surprise us.

The stability of the dpss are so jumpy. When both haven't been used for a while, out them dead next to each other and turn them on at the same time. Notice when each takes it warmup time, which starts to fall at what amount of time. While these crud tests will give you some idea how each laser acts, I'm sure if you repeated the test, you would get different results. Just a little test to show how unpredictable they can be

I tested them again tonight, and it's the same, my first PL-E Pro is a little dimmer than the second one. Not sure why.

Tmack

Well I guess that's just how we get overspec, on spec, under spec from the same lasers . Luck of the draw. You said they were metered though right? If you have the graph and look at them side by side, is there a point where you see a time frame where the differences would be visibly noticeable?

Well I guess that's just how we get overspec, on spec, under spec from the same lasers . Luck of the draw. You said they were metered though right? If you have the graph and look at them side by side, is there a point where you see a time frame where the differences would be visibly noticeable?

As soon as I turn them on. And I only run them for a maximum of 7 minutes at a time(generally 5). It's like that the entire time.