Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

JetBeam RRT21 vs Klarus XT11

I am in the market for a new torch. I have looked at countless models/types, and have narrowed my liking down to these:
JetBeam RRT21
or
Klarus XT11

I can't decide which one to go with. I really like the infinitely variable dial on the RRT21, but also like the quick switch option on the XT11. XT11 seems to have more lumens and battery lasts a long while. Is this due to the XM-L U2 LED?

I also plan on getting a diffuser filter with my purchase, and possibly a green filter mostly just for camping and such.
So if you own either of these or have experience with them, please comment.

Thoughts and suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks!

Edit: posted over on CPF, and after some more research, decided to get the RRT-21. But, I still look forward to any response here. Thanks.

Last edited:

I just recieved my rrt-21. It's a nice light, good quality. Mine has the orange peel reflector, so its nice for in and around the house. I'm definitly saving for the zebralight sc600w as well.

I just recieved my rrt-21. It's a nice light, good quality. Mine has the orange peel reflector, so its nice for in and around the house. I'm definitly saving for the zebralight sc600w as well.

Mine does not have the orange peel reflector, kinda wish it did, but I do like the throw I get from mine. The RRT-21 is the only high quality light I own at the moment (I have many cheap LED lights around the house) and I plan to purchase more in the future, but not something I need to spend money on right now.

While the klarus looks like it has a slightly larger reflector, I'd get the RTT21 only because of that infinitely variable brightness ring. That thing looks nifty, and I'm a sucker for that sort of doodad.