Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jayrob Opencan MXDL

tomcat

this is a SOLID laser

i have to say i am very impressed

jayrob himself is a nice guy to buy from
in the package i got:
6 packs of blacktip matches
1 laser
1 dustcap
instructions
2 batts

atm im running it on 3v batts so only getting about 170-200mw but at this power i can run it for around 2 mins

the beam is quite phat after the acrylics im used to but wider start beam = better divergence also it does focus down quit well if unfocused (set at smallest dot possible at 30")
it lights a match in 4 seconds at 6 inch infinite focus if focused its instant at infinite focus the dot is around 3-4mm at most range at will still slice a 4thick layer of binbags quite good if focused it slaughters them like a exacto knife
all this at 170-200mw

verdict: VERY SOLID! nice and heavy

cant wait for the charger for full power with the rechargeable

the divergence is hard to get perfect the difference is almost 1/20 Degree :p but its possible

i have no pics or vids (my phone is so crap no camera)

but others do it justice

will update when its running 300mw

tomcat

have the batts working fine after i got my charger :) have 2 more batts anyway that i got with charger
the difference visually is little... will wait for night to see beam for its brightness diff but burning things there a difference alright... now it slices a 8 layer thick binbag like a Stanley knife....

lights matches instantly with infinite focus took 2 seconds across the room (about 13')

now the new batts are in the ability to make my black woollen coat smoke is easy on infinite focus instead of focused down

(offtopic)

also got my s-ky green today and the graph looks good waiting for my batts to charge to test if its tem00 or a naughty tem01 am going to short the tailcap interlock also because that has connection issues according to my DMM on resistance mode

great as my birthday (18) is 12/4 :) (4/12 for your American wierdos WHO? puts months before days!?!?)

now to make 540mw golden laser goodness with my handheld rig
some mechano, Lego a dichromic mount and 2 laser mounts

jayrob

tomcat, it will be a completely different laser at 300mW's. Without the 3.6 batteries, the LM317 cannot maintain 1.25 volts at it's sense resistor. You will definitly see a steady 300+mW's in your 112D/Meredith glass lens build with the correct batteries.

We saw from mikeeey's video what his MXDL/Meredith glass build can do at 283mW's. (this is the stated power in his YouTube description)
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1206219782/0

Looking forward to your updated findings!

P.S. I will make good on the batteries if they for some reason are damaged. Maybe the protection circuit went bad on one of the batteries...
Jay

jayrob

Glad to hear the batteries are working tomcat! Big difference huh?
Jay