Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

it is possible? focuseable white laser

ofekgg

thank to rog8811 for the pic, I start to edit this in paint and after it i moved to photoshop..
is it possible? I dont think so..
110eoac.jpg

2viibnp.jpg

Each wavelength will focus to a different point so when one colour is a fine point the other 2 would be big blobs, you could try making it as per design then try another lens on the front, but I think the same thing will happen.
I usually have a jewelers loupe near my computer....and laser collection:) so that I could try it out... but I cannot find it....

Regards rog8811

this sounds quite interesting.

Rog, what kind of characteristics does a white beam have? maybe you have a few photos?

i cannot fathom having a white laser beam! that would be so awsome. i think if you columnated EACH laser to a point, and then reflect all the beams using split cubes or something so they all join together whilst focused. is that feasable rog?

it would be a rather large build, but if each individual beam was ALREADY columnated, then technicly couldnt you just route the beams together using whatever means necisary? as long as there is 3 seperate lenses, PLUS a final lens that would catch all 3 beams, it sounds like it makes sense.

shed some light rog ^_^ if anyone knows its him.

HIMNL9

If your holder is so long, without already focused beams, i guess you can't use a norman aixiz module, sorry.

I tried something similar with only 2 colors (here http://laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/showthread.php?t=40847
), red and 405, and i had to file the cube support shortest possible, and also invert the position of the acrylic lens in the holder, for gain the millimeters needed for focus them ..... and also in this case, i can focus them only through the cube (yes, without the cube, also just the direct beam is too far from the lens for focus, this mean that, other than split/join beame, the cube is in some way non-linear)

And as you can see in the attached image ..... this is the maximum distance that i can focus, and considerate that i also gained 1.5mm reversing the lens ..... and yes, taking away the cube, the red diode, that is in axis with the lens, go out focus distance, for this reason i say that probably the cube act as a nonlinear element.

Maybe it can work, if you use a lens with long focal distance ..... but in this case, i fear you loose a lot of power .....

Attachments

• mag10.jpg
    mag10.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 215
I suppose you could use parabolic mirrors to focus the beam, that way the colors wouldn't disperse... I'm not really sure how you'd change the focal point though, maybe several mirrors with different focal lengths that you could swap out somehow.. I dunno.

Rog, what kind of characteristics does a white beam have? maybe you have a few photos?
These have been posted before but they are the only ones I have, one from each of my builds....

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• whitebeam01.jpg
    whitebeam01.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 5,088
  • pwWhite01.jpg
    pwWhite01.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2,589
Yes, the "white" laser can be focused for burning as I have previously stated in a different thred. Simply build as per specs just as rog said. Make sure all three lasers are focused to "infinty" and then add a lens in front of the beam. If you use a regular axiz acrylic your focal point will be only a few millimeters in front of the lens, but if you can find a lens with a longer focal length this distance will increase. You could also use two acrylics to focus at any given distance but it will cut down the power output. All of the focal lengths will be equal as long as all three lasers are focused to "infinity".

Attachments

• burning white.jpg
    burning white.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 454
  • 100_4622.JPG
    100_4622.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 244