Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

It is I: Don Quixote (AKA daguin)

daguin

Hello All,

I have finished wading through the pile of PM's that had accumulated during my absence.

Thank you to those that left good wishes for me.

If the PM was a question about diodes, mA, drivers, builds, etc. and was over three weeks old, I assumed that you had moved on without me and simply deleted it. The rest of you should have received some sort of response from me by now.

Considering how abruptly I dropped off the grid, there was surprisingly little damage.

AdamR and BrewCityMusic; It appears that the packages are simply MIA. I tried to save some $ while I was feeling broke from the cost of the "emergency" move and it is apparently going to bite me in the ass. We need to figure out what you need for replacements (cash, parts, a laser, or some combination thereof).

Unfortunately, I do not have any more Krytons on hand. I do have three other new builds that we could use as replacements. On hand, I have 6x lasers in a Jayrob "pocket mini", an MXDL 4171 W/ a "Big Chunk" heat sink, and a converted Galileo.

Joris; I need your address again so I can send the replacement module to you.

It could have been worse :yabbem:

Peace,
dave

hey dave if you need a few parts to help get you back up and running let me know..

drew

p.s. welcome back :)

daguin

Yes. I read it. Yours was long enough ago that I identified it as one of the ones that I assumed you had continued on without me. (Now THAT'S an awkward sentence ;) )

In any event, I am not yet set up for building diode lasers. I need a couple of more tools replaced. In addition, I need to re-polish my building skills on less expensive components than an 8X diode!

I have been doing some work refurbishing argon lasers in the interim. I should have a few argon lasers (W/ PSU's) ready to offer in the next week or so.

Peace,
dave

Welcome back Dave.

Did you see my PM to you about building an 8x ?

daguin

Thanks Drew. I really just need to build a couple of dummy loads. The more time consuming part is getting "dialed back in to" soldering on small components again. Argon lasers do not require the "precision" soldering that diodes and micro drivers do

Peace,
dave

hey dave if you need a few parts to help get you back up and running let me know..

drew

p.s. welcome back :)

wbdave.jpg

Glad to see you back.
:beer:

Last edited:
The more time consuming part is getting "dialed back in to" soldering on small components again.
Peace,
dave

You shoud try soldering paste ("liquid" solder). It PWNS for precission works where you would want to hold the component being soldered, but you must hold the solder wire instead.
And it's far better if you have a hot air gun with regulable temperature (or hot air soldering station). That way, building something like a Rkcstr driver is a matter of 5 minutes (or less if you don't care about possible thermal stress failures.

hhmm....it's like a student trying to teach a teacher...
erdabyz, i would probably estimate that dave has assembled thousands of lasers over the course of his hobby....

when they created the first laser beam, dave was there explaining how.....he is that awesome.

hhmm....it's like a student trying to teach a teacher...
erdabyz, i would probably estimate that dave has assembled thousands of lasers over the course of his hobby....

when they created the first laser beam, dave was there explaining how.....he is that awesome.

Yeah, I know he might have built a lot of lasers but... soldering paste is not something commonly known to exist, and it is expensive, but it makes things easier for some delicate tasks...

I always liked to give advice to teachers when they required (always with respect, and mostly to technology teachers), because as humans they are, they don't have full knowledge and sometimes they also need help. And we, as young students with curious minds and lots of spare time, are usualy aware of more things that might not be available when the teachers were young....

I mean, it's not like a student trying to teach a teacher, it's like someone who spends about 2 hours each day researching a lot about his main hobby (yeah, I can do it while chatting through MSN), which is electronics and related, trying to give advice to someone who might not have all that spare time because he has more things to do, and might not know an easier but more expensive method to do a task.

To avoid missunderstanding, nothing in your post was taken seriously or badly, I just wanted to explain XD.

Yes. I read it. Yours was long enough ago that I identified it as one of the ones that I assumed you had continued on without me. (Now THAT'S an awkward sentence ;) )

In any event, I am not yet set up for building diode lasers. I need a couple of more tools replaced. In addition, I need to re-polish my building skills on less expensive components than an 8X diode!

I have been doing some work refurbishing argon lasers in the interim. I should have a few argon lasers (W/ PSU's) ready to offer in the next week or so.

Peace,
dave

Nice to see you back Dave.

I am happy to see you will be selling argon lasers. :D

If you have any idea of the price yet, please PM me what you have.

Thanks

Babl