Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

It came apart! Help!

All that needs done is to be reglued together correct? If so, I don't know if I can handle such precise work... where can I send it for repairs if possible? I bought my laser from Rayfoss some time ago and have never had issues until is stopped working and started to rattle. The lens???.... came off I believe.
The laser is 200mw green.
Pics attached...

Attachments

• rps20150205_163817.jpg
    rps20150205_163817.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 154

If the crystals came apart there will need to be reglued(as you said) and re-aligned which can be tricky.

If I could recommend someone it would be ultimatekaiser. He knows his way around these things pretty darn well!

-Alex

D

Deleted member 16589

First thing is don't mess with it. you don't want to damage the IR pump diode or the crystal

Be careful if that thing is really 200mW of green than the pup is over a watt of IR so dont look at the diode wile running.

Where are you located.
I also may be able to look at it. I have the UV curing adhesive used to glue those in place and have successfully repaired a few before.
I also have the goggles for green and IR to do it safely.

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing is don't mess with it. you don't want to damage the IR pump diode or the crystal

Be careful if that thing is really 200mW of green than the pup is over a watt of IR so dont look at the diode wile running.

Where are you located.
I also may be able to look at it. I have the UV curing adhesive used to glue those in place and have successfully repaired a few before.
I also have the goggles for green and IR to do it safely.

I am in Northern Indiana. You interested in taking a look at it? Having you fix it would be cheaper and easier than sending it back to China to have Rayfoss fix it. PM me and we can discuss it further. Thanks!

Hardly worth trying to fix, honestly. It will be very difficult to do so, and considering you can get another 532 from ebay that will perform the same or better (i guarantee yours wasnt even close to 200mw) for >20$, it really just is not worth the hassle.